Paul Lambert

limpid

A lot of people will think this is bullshit, but I truly think there'll be a point in a couple years where all Villa fans, even the most stubborn, will look back and wonder how they ever doubted Lambert.

If that point comes, I don't know of a single poster on here who would mind being reminded of it. We all want success.

The fact that we don't have success currently is where the (legitimate) doubt originates from.

• Like 2

So were back to arguing over points per game rather than the improvement in the quality of football? Only took 10 days.

Apart from Liverpool away where's the improvement in the quality of football? Its been much worse than how we finished last season.

Lets be honest though you pick what ever time period fits your argument.

All of last season v all of this season so far?

Interested to know which time period you think would be more appropriate???

Well we average pretty much the same points this season as we did all of last season.

as I said yesterday which you conveniently ignored that we are 4 points up from last season and while this time last season we lost to Southampton and Wigan this season we have competed with Arsenal and Liverpool 2 teams in the title race

A lot of people will think this is bullshit, but I truly think there'll be a point in a couple years where all Villa fans, even the most stubborn, will look back and wonder how they ever doubted Lambert.

I don't think anyone would feel that was 'bullshit.' He could turn out to be a very good manager and if he does then he will get my full support but and it's a big but, at the moment considering his overall record with us to date he has a long way to go to reach that point.

Well we average pretty much the same points this season as we did all of last season.

Yet in direct comparison to teams played there has been no real improvement to date.

as I said yesterday which you conveniently ignored that we are 4 points up from last season and while this time last season we lost to Southampton and Wigan this season we have competed with Arsenal and Liverpool 2 teams in the title race

I don't think anyone would feel that was 'bullshit.' He could turn out to be a very good manager and if he does then he will get my full support but and it's a big but, at the moment considering his overall record with us to date he has a long way to go to reach that point.

I love this.  He doesn't get your full support at the moment because he hasn't delivered anything remarkable to date but, if he does, then you'll be right behind him.

Unreal :D

I love this.  He doesn't get your full support at the moment because he hasn't delivered anything remarkable to date but, if he does, then you'll be right behind him.

You do make some very good points bobzy in general debate but where you continually let yourself down is putting words in poster's mouths to suit whatever agenda you are on.

I've never stated that I expect Lambert to be remarkable and it's just as well because he hasn't been.

To be fair, I support Lerner/Lambert, but still have doubts, and if things turn out the way I hope they will, then they will have my total support.

I think it is too early yet even for a Lerner/Lambert supporter to have a definitive opinion.

We hope, of course, but we cannot be sure at present how things will turn out.

• Like 1

You do make some very good points bobzy in general debate but where you continually let yourself down is putting words in poster's mouths to suit whatever agenda you are on.

I've never stated that I expect Lambert to be remarkable and it's just as well because he hasn't been.

I was only taking the piss r.e: the support aspect.

I don't think he's done a fantastic job or anything like but I'm still completely supportive of the manager.  Seems silly not to support him otherwise (unless he was quite literally destroying the club, of course).

We've done that one too.

Circles. You're turning in them.

Yes and it hasn't shown improvement.

Haven't ignored it I've acknowledged we are currently doing better at this point than last season.

That doesn't change that we are still on course to finish with the exact same points at the moment.

Haven't ignored it I've acknowledged we are currently doing better at this point than last season.

That doesn't change that we are still on course to finish with the exact same points at the moment.

If we are doing better than last season then how does that make sense about exact same points?

If we are doing better than last season then how does that make sense about exact same points?

Don't know what you want me to say. We are currently on course to get the same points total as last season.

We currently average pretty much the same points per game as we did for the entire 12/13 season.

It's almost as if your comparing Lambert to a type of cheese suggesting he will mature and taste better with age

Perhaps we should start calling him Paul Camembert

• Like 2

Surely that's what happens with youth players too?  Although I like this as potentially punnery funnery...

...Jack Briealish?

God please dont start another punathon. So carp

Fixed your spelling.

Â