Paul Lambert

limpid

So, that fan that run on up to him when delph scored, was he having a pop or trying to congratulate? Lambert gave him pretty short shrift

Think he was celebrating, Lambert just didn't want him to get kicked out I'd say.

Edited by packoman
  • Like 1

This type of performance is honestly what I've been expecting since Lambert got to Villa, and why I sort of fell in love with his management style while he was still at Norwich. The defending wasn't perfect, but the sides were able to score so much that they were always in the match and stuff was always happening. That's why it's been so frustrating that up until Liverpool, Villa played a very restrictive and defensive game. It went against anything that Lamberts teams have shown. I'm sure he had his reasons, but it's very a very positive thing now that he looks to have taken the shackles off. Still needs a dm and #10 for the diamond to be perfect, but it'll do for now.

Edited by Rovers13
  • Like 1

Thought he got his subs and formations spot on today.

- Subbed Holt for Lowton. Lowton was struggling defensively and we had just taken the lead. Pushed Bacuna into a defense and Holt gave us fresh legs to aim at.

- Subbed KEA for Sylla. Not KEA's best game. While I didn't think Sylla did much, he was fresh legs in an outnumbered midfield.

- Subbed Wiemann for Baker. Last 10 minutes and WBA are pushing. Changed to a 5-3-2 system with 2 target men up front to hold the ball up and slow down the play.

• Like 2

It's crazy how reactionary the fan base can be depending on what the last result was.

Do you watch football?

It didn't used to be win and "we're on for top 8!" lose and "we're going down, sack the manager!".

Reactions that extreme I have only noticed this season. Perhaps it's because of how tight the bottom 10 clubs are but it's still nuts.

Bentake returns to form and we score 7 goals in 3 games. Its no coincidence. He is a massive player for us and Lambert. At the other other end id say Vlaar equally important. Without these 2 we'd probably get relegated so I guess you have to give credit to the man that signed them. We could just do with a few more.

• Like 2

Needs to be given cash to build! He's doing a great job so far.

No he isn't. His overall result stat is still very poor and I'd want to see a lot more consistency from him tactically and from the team before I'd go anywhere near making a statement like that.

• Like 1

Delighted that he's ditched the McLeishBall for attacking the opposition. Sure the defence looks shakier, but we look much more of a threat and are picking up the points.

I doubt there was a happier bloke in the stadium than Lambert when we got it back to 2-2

Â