Tom Cleverley

Bunnski

Still don't understand why we would pay 7.5 for 6 months of his service in Jan, either us or United are insane.

We would pay 7.5 million for him in January only if he signed a multi-year deal with us.  I can't imagine any other scenario.

But why piss £7.5m away when we can get him for £0 in 6months time. Grand there will be competition for his signature, but that's insane.

Have faith

It's a confidence thing with Tom

3 sessions on Friday, the last at 5:30 (in the pouring rain) - knowing he was already gone, he trained harder than anyone and danced round the team like he was a Barca first teamer.

UTV

Tom....is that you ? Or his Dad maybe? Hope your not his agent because you wont be the most popular on here if you are!

• Like 2

I really think that Cleverley was a bit hard done by due to gobshites that the likes of Sky and Talksport need to fill the day up whilst waiting for Falcao's plane to touch down or because Arry isn't giving one of his interviews. The guy that mentioned middle of the road club was nothing to do with Cleverley and even if he was sorry to burst your bubble but we aren't a top team any more.

Plus the Everton thing, the Sky reporter at their training ground last night had to make a proper apology stating that Everton had not spoken to Cleverley nor had Cleverley been to their training ground. He had to repeat that to make it clear. He said Everton had spoken to Manure but those talks had not progressed any further than an enquiry which Manure rebuffed.Pundits and so called experts are being paid to put 2 +2 = 7 they have to make something scandalous up or they don't get asked back!

Welcome Tom, you are an added strength to our threadbare midfield and I hope you rediscover your form of a couple of years ago that got you in the Manure first team and England set up.

due to Financial Fair Play these loan to become permanent deals are more common now given amortisation of transfer fees offset by player sales. Along with income vs wages. 

If I say to you, yes I want him but I'll pay 1 million more if we do loan deal for this year and I sign him permanent in Jan. I'll pay all his wages. You don't say no to me. But on my side I am working within the FFP constraints. 

time to get used to this kind of deal.

i'm not sure that works with the Cleverly deal though.

We would have paid £8m, amortised over 4 years = £2m a year.

Instead we are paying around a £2m loan fee to Man Utd = £2m a year.

I think it must have been more about running out of time, agent or Tom playing hardball, rather than FFP (in this case)

I was talking more around deals like Falcao etc.. rather than Cleverly. Sign for a loan fee, pre agree transfer fee for following year.

I dont mind the fact that he wanted to join Everton before us. Its the middle of the road club comment that i found a bit unnescessary. It was from his agent though so guess it might not have been his exact words

I dont think it's true. But even if the quote were genuine...we really can't argue can we? Sad to admit I know.

The quote is from his agent and it is genuine, also, sadly true.

Easy to type words. Verify that this is true, that the agent said this. Otherwise I'm almost certain it was made up.

Agents are well paid, intelligent professionals. 99% of people who follow football and jabber on twitter and forums are not.

I doubt any agent decided to publically mock the team he was trying to get his client to join and pocket himself a large fee.  

The guy was on Talksport when he said it. 

I dont mind the fact that he wanted to join Everton before us. Its the middle of the road club comment that i found a bit unnescessary. It was from his agent though so guess it might not have been his exact words

I dont think it's true. But even if the quote were genuine...we really can't argue can we? Sad to admit I know.

Easy to type words. Verify that this is true, that the agent said this. Otherwise I'm almost certain it was made up.

Agents are well paid, intelligent professionals. 99% of people who follow football and jabber on twitter and forums are not.

I doubt any agent decided to publically mock the team he was trying to get his client to join and pocket himself a large fee.  

The guy on talksport wasn't Cleverley's agent. It was a talking head

He doesn't want to be here for longer than necessary and that concerns me.

He was horrendous for United last season, and has stood out very few times I've watched him.

Hopefully he'll be able to improve here before he signs for someone else next summer.

• Like 1

I can only assume those getting in a lather over the intricacies of this move are our younger brethren.

Do you have any idea of the shenanigans that sent on in the seventies over transfers ?!

Had we had rolling news and the internet we could easily have discovered we were not peter withes first choice, for example.....would that have mattered ?

Get over yourselves !

Welcome aboard to a decent player with his best years ahead of him.

All this made laugh, like a heckling old man with his walking stick.  The 70s !! nobody gave 2 flying shits because it was pennies people were talking about back then, footballers were thugs and football was played in essentially a large shed and not televised. Going to games was dangerous due to the hooligans. The sport was inaccessible to many due to all that.

These days it's a mega bucks industry, people go to games in no fear of being attacked by scum and thanks to technology it means you can follow a club from wherever you want in the world. 

Edited by CVByrne

I really think that Cleverley was a bit hard done by due to gobshites that the likes of Sky and Talksport need to fill the day up whilst waiting for Falcao's plane to touch down or because Arry isn't giving one of his interviews. The guy that mentioned middle of the road club was nothing to do with Cleverley and even if he was sorry to burst your bubble but we aren't a top team any more.

Plus the Everton thing, the Sky reporter at their training ground last night had to make a proper apology stating that Everton had not spoken to Cleverley nor had Cleverley been to their training ground. He had to repeat that to make it clear. He said Everton had spoken to Manure but those talks had not progressed any further than an enquiry which Manure rebuffed.Pundits and so called experts are being paid to put 2 +2 = 7 they have to make something scandalous up or they don't get asked back!

Welcome Tom, you are an added strength to our threadbare midfield and I hope you rediscover your form of a couple of years ago that got you in the Manure first team and England set up.

according tp the Guardian - Everton had a 5mil offer rejected and 'retain an interest'

they can ************ ********** * ***************** with a *************** baboon's *************** Fred Savage on a greased ******************************* thirteen *********** strong gloves

• Like 1

The guy on talksport wasn't Cleverley's agent. It was a talking head

Well i'm not sure what the difference is but this guy talks like an agent. He even talks about bringing another player, Pedro Leon, to London. Anyway, for anyone who cares to listen and make their judgment it is here 

http://talksport.com/radio/listen-again/1409583600# 

Select between 17:00 and 17:30 and start at 24:00 for the part about Cleverley.

Edited by sexbelowsound

Just to clarify my position on our signing (outside of the comedy opinions I've expressed.)

The only time I've taken any notice of TC is playing for England. I've never thought he was amazing in that context but as we all know international football is vastly different to club football.

I don't know if the behind the scenes information on this deal will ever see the light of day, but it seems our opinion of him is based on media reports of 'his demands'.

For me? We've signed a midfielder from Man United who is an England regular. I'm thrilled! I'll see how he performs on the pitch but for now, I remain extremely happy with the signing and the window in general!

• Like 1

Ah a guy on Talksport. Superbly vague, love it :D

Â