Tom Cleverley

Bunnski

This is a good deal for us.  Adds much-needed depth to the squad, doesn't break the bank and if he impresses in games he will play as part of that squad.  We can't go forward as a club thinking just because a player is playing well, they will continue to play well and will be free from injuries during the season.  Bring on the competition for places I say, it's something needed and something we're (finally) starting to address. 

Welcome to the club, Tom.  Show us your worth.

Edited by trekka

As long as we are winning and playing well he can sit on the bench.

I have a feeling this will stop over the next 6 games. Cleverley will be in pretty quick IMO.

I'm looking forward to seeing him play. Excellent to finally have a bit of depth and competition for places but i'm honestly not sure how much better he is than Westwood, if he is at all.

I have a feeling this will stop over the next 6 games. Cleverley will be in pretty quick IMO.

I'm looking forward to seeing him play. Excellent to finally have a bit of depth and competition for places but i'm honestly not sure how much better he is than Westwood, if he is at all.

I think he is. Do you think clubs like Everton will be fighting over Westwood if he was available?

I think cleverley improves us.

I think he is. Do you think clubs like Everton will be fighting over Westwood if he was available?

I think there would be a lot of interest.

I thought a fair few people on twitter and SSN had said the Everton interesting wasn't much more than a chat on the phone, nothing serious, no offer made etc

Also despite the stick I've been getting I still stand by cleverley >> herd, cole, el Ahmadi, sylla, bacuna (at cm)

He wasn't good enough for utd, despite playing a decent chunk of football for them, probably wouldn't have been good enough for Evertons midfield either but he is good enough for ours, certainly good enough for competition

• Like 1

And this option to buy, complete guess but that'll either be a small fee at any point or the opportunity to offer him a contract before anyone else, I think it's 3 months for a domestic free transfer, maybe we can offer him one in jan

Like I said complete guess, but I'm sure that's what happened with Stoke and Ireland

Westwood won't be dropped. And rightfully so.

Yeah can't see him dropping Westwood yet and he shouldn't at the moment.

If he does get dropped I'd imagine it would be for Sanchez not cleverley.

Sanchez hasn't started a PL match yet so at present he can't  be dropped as he isn't in the first XI. Whisper it quietly but for the first time in years Villa have competition for places for almost the whole side.

Westwood won't be dropped. And rightfully so.

Yeah can't see him dropping Westwood yet and he shouldn't at the moment.

If he does get dropped I'd imagine it would be for Sanchez not cleverley.

Yeah that's what I'd think too. 

Cleverley improves the squad options for sure. I don't know about the first team just yet. Obviously I hope he does but he will definitely have to wait his turn.

And yes, definitely. If Westwood became available there would be plenty of clubs in for him.

The way I see it is that Delph is nailed on for a starting spot and it will be one of either Westwood/Sanchez and Cleverley/Richardson that make up the other 2 slots.

Â