Tom Cleverley

Bunnski

Surprised some people are taking the news so badly. That's not to say I'm not disappointed, but if he's set on Everton despite staying here after a successful end to the season then **** him tbh - we'll find someone else.

It's just a shame we'll have to spend extra money.

Edited by Mantis

I think we need better balance to the midfield and I think he's to much like Delph in size and ability. He was great for 7 weeks of the season, but I'm not to gutted. The only negative point is we probably need 2 I midfield rather than one. But Sherwood said the squad was unbalanced, and I think he's correct. We need some power in midfield. I'm quite interested what's going to happen, because it's going to be a completely different team next year...which isn't the worst thing.

I'm disappointed becuse he seemed finally to be slotting into the midfield well and was enjoying playing under Sherwood.

I also think he's pretty good.

Now we've got to get a new player of the same quality and bring him up to speed in the team.

When I first read about him leaving I was very disappointed - but reading some of the comments, I think you guys are right. I'm not too bothered now. I think he wanted Everton all along, and only came to us because Everton couldn't agree a fee in time and he didn't want to be sat in the UTD reserves. He helped us stay up and he was decent for a few games (but only a few) but hardly a world-changing performance for us. I could be syndicalism and say that he was playing for a contract and therefore stepped up his performance towards the end. I'd rather have someone that wants to play for us and is passionate about Villa than someone who see's us as a stop gap.

http://hereisthecity.com/en-gb/2015/06/03/everton-linked-tom-cleverley-hints-why-he-could-return-to-aston/page/1/

..but the England international has stressed that he also shares a great rapport with Sherwood and his staff after just a few months together.

Speaking on his time at Villa Park, Cleverley said: “I’ve enjoyed it massively. He’s just my type of manager. He likes players full of passing and running and that’s the style that I like to play.

“I think the squad has really reacted off him – he’s just full of energy and positives vibes. It’s been a pleasure to come in every day and work with him and his staff, who’ve been top class as well.

“Kev [assistant manager Kevin MacDonald] does a fantastic job of managing the squad and makes sure everyone’s happy, while Robbo [first-team coach Mark Robson] is a great coach and puts on some fantastic sessions.

“Parksy [goalkeeping coach Tony Parks] has also brought a new lease of life, as he seems to be the energy around the place, so it really has worked well.”

“It’s a club which deserves to be winning and making FA Cup finals and that’s why I signed here.”

Seems like an odd thing to say, if you're going. Doesn't sound like it's done and dusted yet.

He'll be off. Northern boy, more money, better prospects, better club etc. I can't blame him deep down but I'm still pissed off that we've rejuvenated his career and now he's off.

Could have really done with him staying. If Randy is going to continue to be as tight fisted as he has been in recent times we are going to seriously struggle to replace the players we are losing, even if we manage to get 32m for our prized asset.

Â