Tom Cleverley

Bunnski

He looks really commited to the cause. After the crap the fans gave him that's impressive. Great character.

Starting to see the player Man Utd obviously thought was in there.

• Like 2

must have missed it but he was ok nothing special, he puts in a shift and quality is average at this level

Which is a good starting point if you're a really poor team and you want to build a squad. I've been behind him all along, I realise he not everyone's favourite but he is industrious and has a lovely first touch, having those basics at a premier league level should be a bare minimum but it amazes me how many of our lot down the years haven't had it.

I'm glad we didn't pay £8m but I would absolutely take him on a free.

• Like 1

The Cleverley we are now seeing is worth keeping IF he wants to stay on, if not then as long as he keeps putting a shift in like the last 2 games until then he will go with my thanks.

The Cleverley we have seen for most of the season (under TSM2) has been one of the most frustrating negative crab playing footballer I can recall, just goes to show you new manager new ideas can sometimes work well.

I'm fairly bemused by the reaction to Cleverley - for me he's played exactly the same in almost every match he's played for us - worked hard, kept the ball moving and offered an option. I think this style of play makes better use of him as it's quicker but he's effectively doing exactly the same thing. I've rated him since he's been at the club and I think he'd be a great signing on a free.

• Like 2

I'm fairly bemused by the reaction to Cleverley - for me he's played exactly the same in almost every match he's played for us - worked hard, kept the ball moving and offered an option. I think this style of play makes better use of him as it's quicker but he's effectively doing exactly the same thing. I've rated him since he's been at the club and I think he'd be a great signing on a free.

I agree!! no matter how bad we have been as a team he's always looked quality to me, deffo sign him up pretty please. Nice to see him get a long range shot off in the first half also!!!

He's always worked hard and runs all day but his square passingwhich slows our play down has been part of our problem. Lambert probably wanted him to do this to retain possession but it has driven most of us mad.

I agree though on a free he's a great signing but he'll most likely have more offer's than just us and given the dogs abuse he has recieved from our supporters I doubt if he would pick Villa, I'm guessing Everton will be his destination.

Been much much better in the last few games, I think a lot of that is down to how Sherwood has been mindful of the midfielders getting up to support the attackers and even getting beyond the last man. Something that seemed obvious to everyone but Lambert had his ears and eyes closed to.

This means the Cleverly is able to do that real box to box role, high energy pressing in defense, neat and tidy in the link up and occassionally popping up in the box to create (or one day) finish a chance. I think that is his best skill set and wasnt being used by Lambert.

Â