Tom Cleverley

Bunnski

Ah right. Well then I think it'll all depend on Sherwood. If Cleverley thinks he'll do more for his career than Martinez, he might stay. Either way, he still needs to do a lot more for the remaining games to warrant it, and GG is finally looking decent away on loan, so I don't really see it as a priority

If Cleverley keeps up this form then I'll be happy for him to stay. I hope he can build a good relationship with Sherwood and Delph. 

If he has ambitions of being in the England squad again then proving yourself at Villa is a good club to do it. He only has to look at Delph to see that.

Edited by PieFacE

I think Everton is just the easier option for him and he will take it

His missus is already settled in Cheshire which is just up the road from Merseyside.

Everton are not likely to be in a relegation battle  every season and i also think he likes playing in a more advanced position which he has done under Martinez before and flourished

Edited by AshVilla

Improved but still think we can do better in that area.

We have Delph, Sanchez and Westwood all here for next season. I think that's enough workrate and defensive nous, need someone who can assist and score a bit more and ultimately for all his efforts last few games Cleverley still hasn't really threatening to do either.

We have Delph, Sanchez and Westwood all here for next season. I think that's enough workrate and defensive nous, need someone who can assist and score a bit more and ultimately for all his efforts last few games Cleverley still hasn't really threatening to do either.

I would sooner sell Westwood and sign Cleverley personally.

If we had to lose one..

Edited by rodders0223

£40,000 a week by all accounts.

No such thing as a 'free transfer' with agents and signing on fees nowadays :)

Very true. The signing on fees basically replace actual fees when it comes to a bosmans.

Based on his performances under Lambert i would have cancelled his loan immediately if it was possible. Based on his performances under Sherwood so far i would definitely sign him on a free.

I would sooner sell Westwood and sign Cleverley personally.

If we had to lose one..

Let's not forget we're still in austerity mode. We shouldn't be running up a top 6 wage bill again when it will be tough to finish above mid table for the next year or two.

Cleverley will probably want 50k or so to sign him full time. Even on a free I think there's better options elsewhere.

Westwood will probably go to being a squad player under Sherwood which is probably his level in the premier league rather being the automatic starter he was under the previous manager.

For 20k odd a week I'm happy with that as he chips in with the odd goal on occasions.

Everton are not likely to be in a relegation battle  every season and i also think he likes playing in a more advanced position which he has done under Martinez before and flourished

Well, we have no evidence of that so far...because this is like the current managers 1st/2nd season in charge?  Maybe flirting with relegation is his level after all.

The everton thing to me seems to have always been fabrication from no where, and nothing knew has come out to suggest he ever, or still wants to really move to everton above all else.

Â