Tom Cleverley

Bunnski

He's played much better but he's still far from being good.

His passing is still 90% sideways and his final ball is still poor (he also missed a sitter against Newcastle).

That said, I'd have him on a free transfer, but as long as he is not meant to be a starter.

If he keeps this standard up until the end of the season then he'd be well worth signing on a free. It was certainly the right decision not to sign him permanently in the summer.

But let's not forget he's had 2 or 3 good performances. A month ago none of us would have wanted him.

If he keeps this standard up until the end of the season then he'd be well worth signing on a free. It was certainly the right decision not to sign him permanently in the summer.

But let's not forget he's had 2 or 3 good performances. A month ago none of us would have wanted him.

It's hard to believe how different he looks under Sherwood, I would like us to keep him if possible

I've never once thought I wouldn't take him for free.

There were plenty of people on here who would have said a month ago that they wouldn't even have him for free.

My opinion was that I would have had him for free, but that he wouldn't come to us. Which I still think is true.

There were plenty of people on here who would have said a month ago that they wouldn't even have him for free.

My opinion was that I would have had him for free, but that he wouldn't come to us. Which I still think is true.

Perfect situation, really. If he wants to stay it's fine by us, and if he doesn't he can feck right off and can also feck the horse he rode in on.

Ah yeah, but you said none of us would have wanted him. We prove otherwise, though not everybody has our scouting abilities. :)

Surely we can't sign him on a free if the point was a "loan-to-buy" - I doubt Man Utd are stupid enough to less us say "nah we don't want to make it permanent" in January, costing them a £7m fee, only to sign him on a free in a few months time.

• Like 1

He has looked destined to move to Everton on a free from the start but he has done well for us recently.

Why he might still want to leave the FA Cup winners who will be playing in Europe next season to move to a Championship team playing in Liverpool is beyond me! ;)  

• Like 2

Surely we can't sign him on a free if the point was a "loan-to-buy" - I doubt Man Utd are stupid enough to less us say "nah we don't want to make it permanent" in January, costing them a £7m fee, only to sign him on a free in a few months time.

But his contract is up in the Summer.

So United won't have a choice. He's a free agent so he can do what he likes.

The fee that we would have paid in january was basically a fee for exclusivity, i.e. we get to sign him without anyone else getting a chance.

Edited by Stevo985

what he said

my understanding is in general contracts are until the 30th June, the 1st day of being able to officially sign a player is 1st July

the rules are that any player from abroad can talk to prem clubs from 1st Jan (6 months left) but a player already playing in england can only talk to another prem club when they reach 1 month left on their contract

so in theory everton and us and anyone else interested cant officially talk to him or his agent until June 1st, in reality everton have probably already met his agent and we've spent the last 6 months chatting him up

Â