Tom Cleverley

Bunnski

like that is ever going to happen specially with Cleverley not looking interested since he arrived here and wants to move to Everton in the summer and set his heart on Everton all along :) So how exactly is he going to win frustrated fans over :)

To be fair, I wouldn't say that he doesn't look interested. He projects the impression of someone trying their best, he just seems to lack any confidence or ambition on the ball.

Yeah, pretty much this.  The guy works hard but doesn't do anything.

• Like 1

.........Its players like him where consistent crap has been tolerated that has the whole thing in the state it is.

I don't know what the terms of his loan are, but from what I hear, there is no condition for him to play if fit....If that is the case, I do not share the managers judgment of keep playing him.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 2

The issue here is Sanchez strings together several good performances in a row over xmas, has a bad game at Arsenal and immediately is withdrawn from the team.

Westwood is seen as a Lambert favourite but even he was on the bench for Arsenal.

Cleverley plods along game after game doing next to nothing and starts every week.

• Like 3

The issue here is Sanchez strings together several good performances in a row over xmas, has a bad game at Arsenal and immediately is withdrawn from the team.

Westwood is seen as a Lambert favourite but even he was on the bench for Arsenal.

Cleverley plods along game after game doing next to nothing and starts every week.

Sanchez' legs always look heavy in a game.  Given that Hull is such a big match, I don't blame Lambert for dropping (resting?) him against Chelsea - especially given that Cleverley covers more ground.  Quite a lot of Arsenal's good attacking play came from situations where they countered us and Sanchez, in particular, simply couldn't deal with those quick breaks.  He got left behind and found wanting on every occasion.

I can see Sanchez coming back in against Hull - and possibly "for" Cleverley.

Sanchez' legs always look heavy in a game.  Given that Hull is such a big match, I don't blame Lambert for dropping (resting?) him against Chelsea - especially given that Cleverley covers more ground.  Quite a lot of Arsenal's good attacking play came from situations where they countered us and Sanchez, in particular, simply couldn't deal with those quick breaks.  He got left behind and found wanting on every occasion.

I can see Sanchez coming back in against Hull - and possibly "for" Cleverley.

Possibly but Sanchez started 4 games in 10 days over xmas no problem. Wouldn't shock me if it's an unchanged midfield v Hull.

Think he did well against Cheslea, Felt the fans booing at the start of the game was quite frankly disgraceful. You never boo your own. He hasn't been great while he has been here but neither have the rest of them, we do have a tendency to find a scapegoat. It's funny Delph gives the ball away to Remy, he did the same against Liverpool, it's ok Delph we like you. Cleverley gets blasted for passing to his own player. Okore was unlucky with the goal conceded, however i wonder if that was Clark would we be so forgiving?

I sometimes wonder whether it's because he arrived as Man Utd's scapegoat, despite being far from their worst player. If he had arrived as a more popular figure ala Darren Ferguson...despite not being as effective now, he'd have been received better by some of our fans.

There are 3 certainties with Villa fans:-

1) Every bad spell we have, there is a clear and identifiable scapegoat (depending on the flavour of that particular month)

2) Any injured or dropped player's worth inflates 10 fold  for each game they miss, untiil they return, and we realise why they were dropped/they weren't THAT good

3) We identify a particular hero, who can do no wrong until it looks like they might leave.

*edited typo of Ferguson's name.

The BBC must be looking for a scape goat for us as well then because on MOTD they singled him out for how he does the easy pass and doesnt try to create anything, hence why we arent scoring goals.

but he isnt the only reason we arent scoring goals, we have 2 strikers that do **** all at the moment yet BBC dont blame them. Keown even praised Agbonlahor last week

Oh come on, stay with the program. It's obviously purely down to Cleverley's shitness that we've scored twelve goals.

There's no way Cleverley is getting dropped for anyone. I used to think the idea that he had some clause in his contract was ridiculous but I can't see it any other way now. You could argue that it was correct to drop Sanchez against Chelsea but Cleverley just simply isn't getting dropped at all ever.

Sanchez isn' used to playing so many games over xmas either. He's used to a break.

As for Cleverley, I don't think he does hide. That doesn't make him good, but he doesn't hide.

His problem is he plays the safe ball when he gets the ball. There's a time and a place for that, but in a team that lacks creativity, it's not what we need.

Really think the criticism of this guy has gone way over the top. Sure he's not great (manu wouldn't have loaned him if he was)  - Lambert sees a guy who is out of form - but reckons theres a good player in there, he may be right or wrong - one thing we don't need is to knock his confidence even further - we don't really have that many options 

• Like 1

Really think the criticism of this guy has gone way over the top. Sure he's not great (manu wouldn't have loaned him if he was)  - Lambert sees a guy who is out of form - but reckons theres a good player in there, he may be right or wrong - one thing we don't need is to knock his confidence even further - we don't really have that many options 

So Lambert shouldn't drop a guy that's been poor all season but he should drop another player that's had a couple of bad games/moments but on the whole been very good? ;)

I agree, he's nothing more than a sideways passer, lacks pace and intelligence to make forward runs and his finishing is pretty weak.

You can tell watching them excellent midfielders with most of those attributes.....Milner, Petrov, Barry, decent midfielders who are limited but can still impact on games like Delph and NRC and the bang average ones that just go round clubs making minimal impact.

Sidwell was one here and elsewhere and can see Cleverley having a similar career going around us and the Stokes of this world.

So Lambert shouldn't drop a guy that's been poor all season but he should drop another player that's had a couple of bad games/moments but on the whole been very good? ;)

If are referring to Okore - I believe that alongside Vlaar - that would be our preferred CB pairing - also when fit, we have options at CB.

i don't mind whether Lambert drops Cleverly or not - I thought he was ok v Chelsea. TC probably won't be here next season - when he's on the pitch I want him to do his best for us - I don't believe getting on his back helps in that respect....   

Over 58 hours of football. 1 goal and 0 assists.

That doesn't sound like a lack of form to me it sounds like a lack of ability.

He isnt an attacking midfielder though, at United he usually played the Carrick role when he was injured or Scholes was rested

Over 58 hours of football. 1 goal and 0 assists.

That doesn't sound like a lack of form to me it sounds like a lack of ability.

He isnt an attacking midfielder though, at United he usually played the Carrick role when he was injured or Scholes was rested

Regardless of what role he played it's just bang average.

He's one of our own and we dont have any better options than Delph, even a poor Delph. Cleverley on the other hand is a loanee who has no intention of staying here, hes just playing our his last year to get a free to Everton and he shows how arsed he is every single week.

There's no way on earth he's worth £7m. not a chance. 

we got Gil for £3.2 and even with English inflation he's not worth more than £5m.

What are united going to do, keep him on wages of £50k a week not to even be in the squad?

Like with Sinclair if you hold out enough you will get a bargain. That's the risk these big clubs get. 

Like Ireland at City, if you want to have him train with the reserves on £60k a week, go on then. Lets see how FFP gets on with you. 

They simply must release players now if they don't want to take up squad slots or be paying out money on salaries they could be giving to world class players instead. 

If we wanted to (on the basis no one else wanted him and we did) come August 31st we could get him for naff all. 

Delph has proven in his time here that he has the quality hence he was voted as our most recent player of the season.

Cleverley has proven in his time here he can't score, he can't create and he offers very little that no other central midfielder can do already.

Cleverley out!

Edited by Brumstopdogs
  • Like 1

Â