Tom Cleverley

Bunnski

At least Lambert knows what we think of him. I don't believe Lambert about the clause.. him backing him is just to back up his lie. Don't play him and ill believe it. Theres no way he wouldn't drop him if he could..even someone as daft as Lambert. He's dropped vlaar benteke Sanchez cissohko and Westwood this season.

Delph has proven in his time here that he has the quality hence he was voted as our most recent player of the season.

Cleverley has proven in his time here he can't score, he can't create and he offers very little that no other central midfielder can do already.

Cleverley out!

what is this quality Delph has? few neat tricks and decent dribbling ability and zero end product. He wouldnt be in a top 10 Villa midfielders since say the year 2000

though either would Cleverley ;)

Edited by Zatman

im sorry thats just a poor excuse for defending Delph. so reason Cleverley getting the abuse is because some dodgy journalism said he wanted to go to Everton and not Villa

Yes thats exactly the reason he is getting abuse, blimey. Delph has shown himself to be useful on many occasions and has just come back from a lay off, Cleverley has never shown anything, like anything at all, he doesnt do anything on the pitch and if Lambert is so fond of taking people out of the firing line Cleverley should be next.

Yes I know Delph dosen't produce enough in the way of assists and goals but my only eyes tell me he's a better midfielder simply in the way he can glide past players, his passing is generally good (although poor in the last few weeks). He just looks a better midfielder when you watch him.

I said a while ago I believed a technically limited player like NRC was a better midfielder for us than Cleverley.

He couldn't pass but he could impact on a game with his tackling and closing down.

Cleverley just dosen't do anything apart from sideways passing.

But no-one should ever wish a player injured, especially while they are wearing the shirt of your team.

Normally you would be 100% correct

but for the good of the team an accidental trip and him twisting an eyebrow would be beneficial

Cleverley just dosen't do anything apart from sideways passing.

I haven't seen enough of Cleverley to judge either way... but an awful lot of people on here used to make the same complaint about Petrov.

An unmitigated failure. Whilst i didn't rate him when he was playing for England 2 years ago I thought he would come here and do ok.

Of our 3 English midfielders, one learnt there trade in league 2, 1 learnt there trade in league 1 & 1 learnt it by playing in the champions league.

Cleverley looks like the league 2 player. He is that bad.

maybe he isnt the problem after all, Westwood and Delph have been atrocious

They're all the same bloody player, more or less. That's the problem. You can chop and change them all you like, any combination of them will still be rubbish because there's no balance

• Like 1

maybe he isnt the problem after all, Westwood and Delph have been atrocious

They're all the same bloody player, more or less. That's the problem. You can chop and change them all you like, any combination of them will still be rubbish because there's no balance

This.

I've been saying it all season. They're not amazing players, but they're all victims of being the same kind of player. We need a more varied midfield.

We need Sanchez in there and performing and we need Gil as the central attacker.

Then one of those three doing the leg work in the middle.

Â