Tom Cleverley

Bunnski

I don't think he's important enough for us to be spending £8m on him.

That's not to say he isn't worth it, just that with our finances we need to spend that money elsewhere.

Sending Cleverley back and spending that £8m on an attacking midfielder would be a better option, imo.

Easier said than done though. We have to find that attacking midfielder first

• Like 1

In the current climate and knowing how overvalued English players are, Cleverley probably is worth £8m. Whether or not we'll pay it is another story. Perhaps if we agree to sell Vlaar to United they'll knock off a few million?

No way a swap.

We have Cleverly until the end of the season and can sign him on a bosman at the end of the season!

Vlaar we can sell in Jan and raise cash to use in strengthening the team. Let's not waste the little money we have to play with.

• Like 1

No way a swap.

We have Cleverly until the end of the season and can sign him on a bosman at the end of the season!

Vlaar we can sell in Jan and raise cash to use in strengthening the team. Let's not waste the little money we have to play with.

Problem with that though, Everton could come in for him again if we let it get to a free transfer. We wouldn't be able to compete with them in wages so if we can get it done with a swap deal with vlaar I'd go for it.

I would sign Cleverly on a pre contract in Jan before Everton get near him.

Not like we ain't got first digs on him.

I think it's illegal for us to sign a pre-contract with him. Not 100% sure on that, but I have a feeling it is. 

Ideally the rumour of Man U being interested in Vlaar is true, then just straight swap him and Cleverley?

I would be fine with it, but I think the rumour that Utd are interested in Vlaar is cobblers. Maybe I'm wrong, but I just don't see it at all. 

I can't believe we would pay £8m for a player who will cost nothing in the summer.

Delph is a better player imho, and would we expect anyone to pay £10m plus for him in Jan, no way.

A reasonable player Cleverley, doesn't score enough to be an attacking midfielder, not creative enough to be the QB role midfielder, not physical enough to be the defensive midfielder.Not a bad player, but imho if he is costing £8m, then i would be looking at other players.

He is a s good as we have got atm, but for me only Sanchez and Delph are decent midfielders in the current squad.

I am more than happy to sign Cleverley for £8mil now. A change of heart from a few months ago. The more he plays with us, the more I believe he will prove that value to many others watching. I just like him.

Edited by Rodders
  • Like 3

For me he is a slightly less good version of James Milner.

He is not adding much to us going forward at the minute which is dissapointing, I would love love love for him to get ahead of the play/strikers more often, really think we are crying out for that and he should be capable of doing it intelligently. He should have scored yesterday and I think that would have done a lot for his confidence in that regard.

For what its worth I dont think he is worth anywhere near £8m and I dont think there is a club in the land who would pay that at this point in his career/contract.

If we get him cheap/free I'd be happy as a useful addition to squad/team.

Edited by villaglint

Â