Tom Cleverley

Bunnski

I was expecting his set pieces to be bad as they were terrible in other games when he took them but his general play when he has the ball at his feet was woeful, he can only play 5 - 10 yard passes anything beyond that and it looks like a real struggle for him to get the power into the pass which leads to him messing it up.  

I don't see what he offers us, Delph is twice the player and Sanchez is finding his feet in the Premier League. There are much better players for less money around.

Agree.

Again today, really not sure what he brings to the team.

If anything I think we missed Westwood who for me is the better player between the two.

I hope this supposed new scouting setup can find better players in the future for much cheaper than the supposed 8m as I suspect United would be laughing all the way if we did pay this fee for him.

Considering passing is meant to be his strength, he can't even do that.

His amount of passes and pass success percentage yesterday were both better than Westwood's averages for the season.

And that's in a team down to 10 men.

Edited by DCJonah

I'm really sad we let KEA go now, would be very useful today.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IaZFS-W_7bI

Same.

Cleverley looked sharp in his first few games, but it doesn't look as if he'll be the sort of player to take us up a notch. Genuinely do think we'd have been better off keeping KEA if I had to choose between that and spending £8m. In fact, I'd go as far as saying we're lacking KEA's main attribute which was his ability to press high up the pitch, right now we don't have anybody doing that.

Edited by samjp26

Considering passing is meant to be his strength, he can't even do that.

His amount of passes and pass success percentage yesterday were both better than Westwood's averages for the season.

And that's in a team down to 10 men.

Westwood plays all range of passes and puts in corners and free kicks, he is always the midfielder with the most long balls attempted also whereas Cleverley just keeps it simple which leads to him having better looking passing stats.

Â