Tom Cleverley

Bunnski

I was impressed with Cleverley today and saw him offer something a little different than Westwood with his high energy pressing. Just as I was thinking maybe the two of them could work together in the same midfield after all, both go off injured. :(

I was impressed with Cleverley today and saw him offer something a little different than Westwood with his high energy pressing. Just as I was thinking maybe the two of them could work together in the same midfield after all, both go off injured. :(

Seems to be getting better with every game, plus looks very willing to put himself about and press the opposition.

I think he needs a goal for his confidence, always seems free on the edge of the box, but he's becoming tidy and positive in attack and hopefully he can keep it up.

Was he injured or just taken off as a precaution? 

Edited by itdoesntmatterwhatthissay

Seems to be getting better with every game, plus looks very willing to put himself about and press the opposition.

I think he needs a goal for his confidence, always seems free on the edge of the box, but he's becoming tidy and positive in attack and hopefully he can keep it up.

Was he injured or just taken off as a precaution? 

He went straight down the tunnel but I have no idea what the nature of the injury was. Hopefully just a knock and he's back for WBA.

His shot was unforgivably bad. Near post, hard at the keeper, far post, cutback, whatever you like, Tom, just don't sky it ffs.

True but I've seen worse.

And it wasn't a good chance anyway.

No, but any of the other options might have led to a good chance for someone else (if I'm remembering it right).

His shot was unforgivably bad. Near post, hard at the keeper, far post, cutback, whatever you like, Tom, just don't sky it ffs.

True but I've seen worse.

And it wasn't a good chance anyway.

No, but any of the other options might have led to a good chance for someone else (if I'm remembering it right).

You're right, he blew it, no doubt. I just didn't think too much of it myself.

Produced some woeful free kicks and corners once Westwood went off.

Should have hit the target with his chance.

He's improved slightly in his influence on games against dross opposition.

I would still be gutted if we spent 8m on him.

Ah yes, the old "against poor opposition" argument, intimating that these performances aren't worth as much. The reality is they are probably worth more, especially when they aid us to win a match every now and then. 

I like Cleverley, but then I have all along. He's neat and tidy and he covers a lot of ground. I'm fine with him playing with Westwood too as long as they are the two less advanced players with somebody else closing the gap to attack. As part of a flat three his deficiencies are all too apparent.

Â