Tom Cleverley

Bunnski

Delph doesn't really score many goals or get many assists either, is he not worth 7mil?

I'm talking about Cleverley, Delph has nothing to do with it.  Delph is dynamic and makes things happen whereas Cleverley looks under pressure the whole time and is more defensively minded.  Not sure what you're getting at with that last post tbh. 

The fact is he's not really bad, as you said, when he's in possession - the statistics prove it as he's our most accurate passer. I disagree that he looks under pressure the whole time, he plays a very high energy game and is constantly looking to keep the ball ticking over, which if anything, is dynamic. He's definitely worth 7mil. 

Delph doesn't really score many goals or get many assists either, is he not worth 7mil?

I'm talking about Cleverley, Delph has nothing to do with it.  Delph is dynamic and makes things happen whereas Cleverley looks under pressure the whole time and is more defensively minded.  Not sure what you're getting at with that last post tbh. 

The fact is he's not really bad, as you said, when he's in possession - the statistics prove it as he's our most accurate passer. I disagree that he looks under pressure the whole time, he plays a very high energy game and is constantly looking to keep the ball ticking over, which if anything, is dynamic. He's definitely worth 7mil. 

He doesn't go forward though.  Like, at all.  If he brings the ball out of midfield, he'll pass sideways or stop and look for options behind him.  He hassles, which is good, but not a £7/8m player for me.

He doesn't go forward though.  Like, at all.  If he brings the ball out of midfield, he'll pass sideways or stop and look for options behind him.  He hassles, which is good, but not a £7/8m player for me.

People used to say the same thing about Petrov and Barry. Possession and ball retention is important, I don't care if he passes it sideways or backwards. 

People used to say the same thing about Petrov and Barry. Possession and ball retention is important, I don't care if he passes it sideways or backwards. 

Well yes, but then we've already got Westwood.  Would you really want to see us spend £7/8m on a player who does, essentially, the same role in a midfield that badly lacks anyone pushing forward?

Not for me.

He's an upgrade, but not one worth spending 8m on, imo.

if we had Sanchez and an Attacking midfielder and didn't have Westwood, then I'd probably go for it.

But not when we need an attacking midfielder so much more

I thought we missed him when he went off.He is the only midfielder we have who can find that gap between attack and midfield, we struggled to adapt when he went off.

I thought the midfield of Cleverley, Richardson and Sanchez has a better balance, more pace, and play the ball quicker.Bring Delph in and its not too bad.

I just hope we don't panic in to buying him if Westwood is out for a long time.

Still not decided on Cleverley but fear that there is an agreement for the deal anyway.

I think he is probably a £6-8m player but not with his contract to end in the summer.

Exactly the sort of player that could really benefit from a proper tactical coach to come in as Lambert's assistant.

Played well, but the entire midfield just repeated the same combination of passes throughout the first half, with no real clue how to break Leicester down.

He's been good in the last three or four games, he's got masses of energy and works his socks off, winning the ball and recycling it - I think he gets a slightly rough ride because people expect more, but all three of our CM's are essentially just workhorses in this system and I think he's been the best of them for the last three or four games. Hopefully he's only got a knock, we can't afford to be without him and Westwood.

• Like 1

Â