Tom Fox

Cracker1234

2 minutes ago, Zatman said:

I backed Fox all the way but this appointment looks awful. 

Should have gave Tim until Christmas 

This.

Sherwood kept us up and we at least put up a fight in most of games we have lost. Everton and Arsenal were gutless performances and Watford wasnt much better

I think players wanted play for Tim as they still keep praising him in the media and maybe some dont respect Garde 

Tom Fox's fault doesn't lie with which manager was in charge and for how long. It's such a minor part of our problem, we're basically arguing about who has made us play the best whilst still losing.

I said this in September, we were done for the second the window closed and we hadn't responded to the departures we experienced. Lambert got us surviving with a squad that was marginally better than this one, Sherwood finished the job (coinciding with Benteke return) and then struggled with the much worse squad we have now. Now we have Garde who is also struggling with the rubbish players we have.

Have a go at him for player purchases, sales, whether committees were used and the general cost cutting - but arguing over which manager lost in the worst way is so pointless. They all lost, they all had their own ways, it's the quality of the players that is the issue. Lambert, Sherwood, Garde even McDonald briefly - it makes no difference, good players win you matches whether you're a particuarly good manager or not. Some manager's might have got us to 14th/15th which Lambert did initially, but our current squad is capable of 20th, 19th at best. Sherwood might be 20th, Garde might be 19th but there isn't a manager out there that could get this squad of players out of the relegation zone.

• Like 2

anyone remember this interview exactly a year ago when appointed:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/30281192

Tom Fox: Aston Villa want European football in three years

Aston Villa chief executive Tom Fox says the Premier League club is targeting a regular challenge for European football within three years.
And he is insistent that manager Paul Lambert is part of that plans.
"We should be finishing seventh or eighth consistently," Fox told BBC WM.
"We should be competing consistently up there for a place in Europe, and putting us within touching distance of the larger clubs. And I don't think that takes four years," he added.
"What I've communicated to our owner Randy Lerner is that this club can be seventh or eighth in terms of revenue.
"I think it will take three years to put ourselves in a better position than we are now. We don't have to wait that long to determine whether we've been successful against where we want to be."
Villa, European Cup winners in 1982, have operated chiefly in the lower reaches of English football's top division since Martin O'Neill quit on the eve of the 2010-11 season.
And, following the successive failures of Gerard Houllier and Alex McLeish to get them kick-started at a time when it appeared that American owner Lerner's interest in the club was on the wane, Villa have so far laboured under 45-year-old Lambert

Edited by Villan4Life

19 minutes ago, dudevillaisnice said:

First I've heard of this. Was this before or after that shambles on display?

Before, was a report in Birmingham Mail earlier about it happening but seen nothing about what was said online yet!

Edited by Villan4Life

3 hours ago, jim said:

This.

Wow.

Wow.

Sherwood's job over the summer was to get the new squad in shape, integrated and playing as a team. I don't know what the **** he was doing over the preseason but he failed at that spectacularly. Then in the games that followed Bournemouth he dropped players who were performing and started the players were our problem in the first place, meaning none of our new guys could get used to playing together, totally alienating them.

Hes a major part of the reason we're so far behind in the first place.

• Like 4

7 hours ago, Zatman said:

I backed Fox all the way but this appointment looks awful. 

Should have gave Tim until Christmas 

We'd still be on 4 points with Sherwood in charge.

He's the reason we're in this mess.

• Like 2

Â