Tom Fox

Cracker1234

It does feel like he's a bit of a coup, especially for us as a club with where we are at in this moment in time. However, I can also appreciate comments such as 'I don't think he'd get a mention if Villa were doing well'. I think part of the reason he stands out is because of how shoddily we've been run over the past few years.

We don't really know what he has or hasn't done, since arriving at the club. I don't really understand why anyone would be strongly for him or against him.

sacked Lambert was best thing he could do and he did

.....Good decision making doesn't come easy, but this guy does seem to make popular moves.....just hope he turns out to be like a David Dein for us.

so far so good,

but I do think he saved us, with Tim 

• 4 weeks later...

What does everyone think of this chap now? 

For me.. another YES man to Lener but seems to lie a lot/Manipulate  better than Faulkner, Faulkner people could see through.

Stan Collymore sounds proper angry tonight that he was lied to about this great future by Tom Fox in Talk Sport interview

95% of Villa fans could propbably see right past him and his lies! first interview i heard from him at Villa when he was banging on about Europa League within 3 years i could tell he was deluded!!

Edited by Villan4Life

For me.. another YES man to Lener but seems to lie a lot/Manipulate  better than Faulkner, Faulkner people could see through.

Stan Collymore sounds proper angry tonight that he was lied to about this great future by Tom Fox in Talk Sport interview

95% of Villa fans could propbably see right past him and his lies! first interview i heard from him at Villa when he was banging on about Europa League within 3 years i could tell he was deluded!!

?

More lemonade needed in shandies I think ....

Huh? What could Fox have done about Delph? lol. 

I think that the clause must've been forced by Judas and his agent, rather than Villa **** it up, Judas and his agent hold all the power as he just could've easily walked off free after the season.

Collymore sounded like an idiot on Talksport this evening. He's moaning about the person who allowed the release clause in Delph's contract - seemingly referring to Fox. He doesn't seem to have any concept of the notion that Delph and his people clearly insisted upon it. 

Also seemed to be bemused that the club hadn't taken up his offer of assistance in negotiating with new players and existing players' contracts. Also disagreed with the appointment of our new Sports Director.

I quite liked Collymore but he did sound like a clown in that interview.

• Like 3

So he moaned about the players contracts but then moaned about us employing a Sports Director who has contracts in his remit ...

The clause we had little choice with we had no bargaining position , we were 6 months from Delph walking on a free what could we have done ? The Mail this evening report that after Delph said he would stay Fox wanted to increase his salary to 80k and remove the clause.

The problems are historic from Faulknerss watch 

I'm not saying Fox is the saviour but we have been rudderless and heading downwards for years , Fox is going to need more than one season to turn things around

i blame filth for that 8m clause, i am sure he held the club to ransom stating he would leave on a free if we did not put this clause in. cant blame fox for that

Indeed we've just pocketed a much needed £8 million to reinvest. It's Delph who's lost out millions signing that deal, he was leaving for free.

• Like 1

So he moaned about the players contracts but then moaned about us employing a Sports Director who has contracts in his remit ...

The clause we had little choice with we had no bargaining position , we were 6 months from Delph walking on a free what could we have done ? The Mail this evening report that after Delph said he would stay Fox wanted to increase his salary to 80k and remove the clause.

The problems are historic from Faulknerss watch 

I'm not saying Fox is the saviour but we have been rudderless and heading downwards for years , Fox is going to need more than one season to turn things around

I agree he's still cleaning up the mess Falkner and Lerner has left.

Collymore talking utter bollocks shocker.

Edit: And the irony of him referring to other Villa players as a "disgrace" will never be lost on me. Why the club insist on keeping him relevent in any way is anybody's guess.

Edited by Isa
  • Like 2

Fox is OK.

You won't like it but we are £8m better off than if Delph had walked out on the club. I think Delph was honourable in a crazy football mercenary way, and deep down don't blame him. His only crime was opening his mouth when he should have said nothing. If the football club was a better prospect and not run into the ground, Delph and Tekkers would still be here.

Stan is an outspoken fool at times, he wears his heart on his sleeve but means well. He's got this one wrong.

• Like 2

Â