Tom Fox

Cracker1234

My hand-drawn badge is the original and best!

For the reasons outlined in my post, it quite clearly isn't.

Yours is much too similar to the badge we had under the late Douglas Ellis (he's not dead).

There's no polite way to put this so I'm just going to come out and say it, how is Doug Ellis not dead?

Quite impressive. I genuinely thought he'd have given up after the sale. Growing up I thought Aston Hall was his house.

Yours is much too similar to the badge we had under the late Douglas Ellis (he's not dead).

That was the point of it at the time!

• Like 1

That was the point of it at the time!

And WHY do you think mine was hand drawn?

I used the most technical 3d modelling programs to generate that image...

bastard.

• Like 2

There's no polite way to put this so I'm just going to come out and say it, how is Doug Ellis not dead?

Quite impressive. I genuinely thought he'd have given up after the sale. Growing up I thought Aston Hall was his house.

In poor taste isn't it ?

Considering youre holier than thou comments in other threads.

In poor taste isn't it ?

Come onnnnnnnnnnn, let it go.  and take your rolling pin with ya!

We're all fwends here.

3347lad.jpg

Because Dante is so bloody lazy, I've had a go at using the latest version of microsoft paint to bring my badge to life.

As you can see, I've made some alterations to it. 

Because people keep moaning about it not being a circle, I've made it half circle and half shield. 

It says Aston Villa Footy Club in the top of the sheild because it is different from other teams, and differs from our current "AVFC" and past designs (Aston Villa F.C).

I have celebrated our rich history with many stars.  I have chosen the star of David to promote support from the Jewish community and rich wealthy American corporations, this will generate revenue, very smart idea, trust me. ;)

The Lion is more child friendly and is smiling at us and saying "hi kids", this means that more children will like us and will generate more money, very smart idea, trust me. ;)

However, the lions claws are really **** sharp so if the lion sees someone (A BLUE NOSE PERSON MAYBE?! XD XD XD) then he can kill them quickly.  This will help him escape the clutches of the police and they will not believe a lion killed a guy (alibi purposes).

I've also altered our "Prepared" motto to "Aston Villa are really prepared" - this gives us an edge on our old motto and will likely resonate with poor labour supporters who want to really work hard for their families during this very difficult period in our lives. 

It is also a hidden message for wealthy people who will say things like "If they're not just prepared, but really prepared, then I will give them enough money to buy Messi and Ronaldo because they will definitely work hard and win the trophy for me and then we will win the European one too!" - This is probably my best idea on this piece, trust me. ;)

What do you guys think?  I don't think there is a better alternative to be honest.

It's by no means perfect, but it's better than what we have.  :thumb:

• Like 1

The mistakes of recent years have mainly been on the managerial side, but he's not the only chairman to have made managerial 'mistakes'.  

He's not but it's not the odd mistake that's the issue.  It's one after the other, the over spending with MON, the poor appointment of houllier and the abysmal appointment of mcleish were terrible for us.  And during that time, when we were supposed to be fixing the issues from MON we handed out huge contracts to bent, ireland, hutton, nzogbia and given.  Now while a few of those have finally contributed positively to the club, I don't think anyone could argue they've been worth the wages we've paid out on them.  

[quote} Please tell us how much compensation was paid in total - what's the exact figure!? I'd like to know so we can put it into perspective in the grand scheme of things. [/quote}

I believe at one point it was reported to be around £18 million, but looking at the figures on the last page it seems much worse than that.  Imagine that spent on the squad and i think it's clear that's played a part in restricting the money we've been able to spend over the last few years.  So the club have been paying for his bad decisions.

the club had to be cleaned up and how that was done is now looking vindicated. It's been a struggle, and we've been too close to the trapdoor at times, but we are now where we are today and things are looking up.

The structure of the club from top to bottom - from the coaching staff to the chief executive - is excellent; the finances are heading in the right direction and look sound; we are FFP compliant for both the PL & Europe; and, despite a period of spending that didn't fit in with the fans' arbitrary transfer desires, we've got a bloody talented squad.  

Don't agree with the first part, scraping by and playing the way we have for years does not vindicate it for me.  Had it none been for his poor decisions, we could have recovered from MON much more easily than we have.  The rest I agree with, but like I said earlier, 2 months ago we were heading down as one of the worst teams the league had ever seen.  It's picked up due to the appointment of one man but that doesn't cancel out how bad it was before.

He **** it up, but he fixed it, so there are no hard feelings from me.  

That's yet to be seen.  Scraping survival for the 4th consecutive season is hardly evidence of it all being fixed.  It certainly looks more positive but we've been in positions before where it looked much better and ended up being awful.  And your choice to harbour no hard feelings but not for me, I've never had a period as a villa fan where i've enjoyed following the team less, i'm still looking forward to the day he leaves.

Edited by DCJonah

In poor taste isn't it ?

I think we've found DDID's mortal enemy.....  :detect:

• Like 1

Cos he already looks like death warmed up!

Nah - Aston Hall  was being built when he was born and when he grew up he rented it out to Sir Thomas Holte to earn a little extra money - he was a tight-fisted bugger even back then.

Edited by nazvfc

Allowing Tom Fox to hire Sherwood was a good decision but that doesn't cancel out years of crap. As I originally said I'll go by the actions in the summer, not what's said in a pr interview.

OK - what actions in the summer are you expecting/wanting from Randy Lerner?

The mistakes of recent years have mainly been on the managerial side, but he's not the only chairman to have made managerial 'mistakes'.

He's not but it's not the odd mistake that's the issue. It's one after the other, the over spending with MON, the poor appointment of houllier and the abysmal appointment of mcleish were terrible for us. And during that time, when we were supposed to be fixing the issues from MON we handed out huge contracts to bent, ireland, hutton, nzogbia and given. Now while a few of those have finally contributed positively to the club, I don't think anyone could argue they've been worth the wages we've paid out on them.

the club had to be cleaned up and how that was done is now looking vindicated. It's been a struggle, and we've been too close to the trapdoor at times, but we are now where we are today and things are looking up.

The structure of the club from top to bottom - from the coaching staff to the chief executive - is excellent; the finances are heading in the right direction and look sound; we are FFP compliant for both the PL & Europe; and, despite a period of spending that didn't fit in with the fans' arbitrary transfer desires, we've got a bloody talented squad.

Don't agree with the first part, scraping by and playing the way we have for years does not vindicate it for me. Had it none been for his poor decisions, we could have recovered from MON much more easily than we have. The rest I agree with, but like I said earlier, 2 months ago we were heading down as one of the worst teams the league had ever seen. It's picked up due to the appointment of one man but that doesn't cancel out how bad it was before.

He **** it up, but he fixed it, so there are no hard feelings from me.

That's yet to be seen. Scraping survival for the 4th consecutive season is hardly evidence of it all being fixed. It certainly looks more positive but we've been in positions before where it looked much better and ended up being awful. And your choice to harbour no hard feelings but not for me, I've never had a period as a villa fan where i've enjoyed following the team less, i'm still looking forward to the day he leaves.
I dispute those figures for a start. Also, the money spent on managerial wastage, even if true, would not make much of a different whatsoever when you take into account fees, wages and signing on/agents fees of players.

Also, Lambert was one of the longest serving managers at one point so manager sackings is not only a Randy Lerner issue.

If the fans had been left to run the club with a 'let's just spend muney" attitude then we'd have gone to the wall ages ago! Out of interest, given the restrictions placed on the club, and the work needed to put us back on an even keel, what's the plan you would have had!?

You've made your feelings known over hundreds of posts and over two usernames, so excuse me if I take what you think with a pinch of salt.

Edit: "Had it none been for his poor decisions, we could have recovered from MON much more easily than we have"

This is the pertinent point for me. Who knows where we'd be now! But if I was now offered the chance to be 'there', wherever that may be, I wouldn't take it! I'm happy where the club is now. I don't know what the future will bring or how it will reflect the past, but, despite our ongoing relegation struggle, I'm currently very content and I wouldn't change (gamble) that for what 'could' have been.

Edited by Morley_crosses_to_Withe

Aston Villa chief executive Tom Fox will get a taste of life on the Villa Park pitch when he camps out on next to the hallowed turf for charity this week.

The claret and blues have almost put to bed their fears of Premier League relegation but Fox is bracing himself for yet another sleepness night.

On Thursday the savvy American will join a group of senior figures in the city as they take part in the CEO Sleepout.

The initiative is supported by Villa in the Community, Church Urban Fund, and Thrive Together Birmingham who have combined to give business executives the opportunity to do their part to tackle poverty and homelessness across the city.

http://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/aston-villa-chief-executive-tom-9245071

• 4 weeks later...
Â