Tom Fox

Cracker1234

Yeah Arsenal do but they also have (had) a stadium to pay for. Also they have a much bigger fan base and have supporters willing to part with up to £90k per year for a season ticket

The game's gone mad!

Sorry I got ahead of myself. I think that is for the executive box. 

check this page out. It's pretty close on some of the other figures when I had a tour of the emirates and a works event. It's one hell of a stadium behind the scenes. The bars and restaurants are pretty spectacular. 

http://www.arsenal-world.co.uk/feat/edz6/future_matchday_revenues__some_astonishing_figures_231849/index.shtml

their matchday revenue could be as much as £90m.... that's nearly our turnover... wow. 

Maybe this is the Tom Fox Solution. Invest more in making the ground something for corporate clients and for those die hard villa fans who have plenty of money to burn on waitress served prawn sandwiches.

Looking at AVFC we offer much lower costs then offer a whole host of add ons and upgrades. I wonder whether they would be better off with the better boxes just adding it all in and making it that £20k more. 

I don't know who pays for boxes at Villa these Days but they must be companies who really love AVFC given the on the field performances. 

I mean, adding £1k to the cost of every box is nearly £100k right there. 

Considering when  you look that Hull is offering boxes for similar prices....

http://hullcitycommercial.com/executive_md.php

and it's in Hull. 

Has anyone been to the boxes in any of the stands? Trinity seems the most modern and best. Maybe there's something they could do to improve the look, service to justify an increase?

I mean having a box and not loads of food and booze seems pointless to me. They should just add it all in and say pay it or don't. 

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/31017388

Good interview here, seems like this change in style of play may have come from the top down in order to become better to watch.

Good interview and seems very switched on. I would love to know what he is hearing and seeing to give him such a postive outlook though?

Good interview here, seems like this change in style of play may have come from the top down in order to become better to watch.

he says he reads every email he gets. I wonder if that email address is on this forum. Bet we would fill his inbox up to the brim!

I've actually emailed him today in regards to AVTV and our YouTube content. I've said previously that I'd been trying to get in touch with somebody to relay our thoughts on the service, but to no avail. I guess this can be a tester to see if he actually does read them and get back to us. We'll see.

Good interview and seems very switched on. I would love to know what he is hearing and seeing to give him such a postive outlook though?

Has to be the impending accounts and the forecast for next year maybe.

Perhaps he has secured a new kit sponsor or something bringing in an extra few hundred k per year. 

We are still dealing in small numbers. I don't expect us to be top four, but would love a cup trophy in the next three years. That's possible definitely. 

That's the gateway to Europa at least, I think doesn't FA Cup winners get you straight into the group stages?

• Like 1

he says he reads every email he gets. I wonder if that email address is on this forum. Bet we would fill his inbox up to the brim!

He said he reads them yes, didn't say he takes any notice of emm. :D

I've actually emailed him today in regards to AVTV and our YouTube content. I've said previously that I'd been trying to get in touch with somebody to relay our thoughts on the service, but to no avail. I guess this can be a tester to see if he actually does read them and get back to us. We'll see.

I work in digital marketing and I can see a whole host of online revenue opportunities and offerings to add value to being an ST holder. Not only that they could seriously maximise their partnership revenue by doing deals on paying people to be partners and also generating revenue from improving their business. 

I mean we have Fiat as a sponsor, their page mentions a "special deal" without any information whatsoever. Not upfront and a poor opportunity to generate sales. 

They are not commercially switched on for me when it comes to online, I mean ffs a simple email to M&B would likely get some deals with local pubs around grounds in the country. 

based  in birmingham, the propensity for football fans to enjoy a meal and a pint in a pub (nice or cheap) is much more likely. So why not tap into that as a partnership opportunity?

Maybe they've already tried and failed but I can't see it. Not with probably 200k+ email and contact details and over 1m social followers. no way that's a big opportunity for any business, especially big ones based in the Midlands. 

On 5-Live just now there was an extended interview with Tom Fox, (i.e. what you will get on the Beeb website with more questions and answers etc).

My two pennies:

1) I wish Pat Murphy did our media stuff instead of that moron JW. The questions were brilliant. Incisive, intelligent and challenging.

2) Fox seems to have his head screwed on. He seems to know what needs to be done, and seems to have a plan to achieve it.

I just want to see that Villa have a plan and a goal, and the motivation / desire to achieve it.  Maybe we have that now.

Seems to say the right things and I like what we're becoming in theory. If we can just sort out the managerial side of things, whether that's Lambert finally improving or a new man in the summer, I think there's a lot for the fans to get behind.

If what we're led to believe is the truth. Let's not forget the rubbish krulak used to feed us.

Ultimately actions of the club will prove what's happening.

• Like 1

Sorry but no to Pat Murphy, guy always seems to take every opportunity to have a go at Villa. Always felt he was rubbed up the wrong way by RLs refusal to talk to the press or more importantly to him! And as a result delights in any chance to have a pop at the club

• Like 2

Sorry but no to Pat Murphy, guy always seems to take every opportunity to have a go at Villa. Always felt he was rubbed up the wrong way by RLs refusal to talk to the press or more importantly to him! And as a result delights in any chance to have a pop at the club

Doesnt seem that way to me. He praises us when we deserve praise, and has a pop when we deserve flak. Which in the past few years has been more prevalent than the former.

He seems really switched on and tuned in to the club, knowledgeable about her and he seems up for this. He doesn't give the same tired old proud history rhetoric, he's ambitious but realistic.

He's clearly a top marketing man, but I detect very little spin in his words. I like him a lot, I think we are in much safer hands than we have been for a very long while and I think he has more control than people realise.

Good stuff.

Yes, he is very impressive, very personable, responded well to some quite awkward questions. I think he might be excellent for us, but I guess time will tell.

He seems really switched on and tuned in to the club, knowledgeable about her and he seems up for this. He doesn't give the same tired old proud history rhetoric, he's ambitious but realistic.

He's clearly a top marketing man, but I detect very little spin in his words. I like him a lot, I think we are in much safer hands than we have been for a very long while and I think he has more control than people realise.

Good stuff.

Yes, he is very impressive, very personable, responded well to some quite awkward questions. I think he might be excellent for us, but I guess time will tell.

People can dismiss it as spin, such is their right. But imagine that man turning up to a meeting to sell this club to you? I was never much of one for bashing Faulkner because I was never sure what he did. This guy though, he's on another level. Arsenal must have been gutted to lose him.

• Like 1

I'm not asking for much, in the short term I just want the club to finish a season or two in the top 10, just 9th or 10th but away from any relegation battles and building up that way with the squad.

The thing is every single season Lambert makes that a near impossible feat so we'll see if he can achieve this as he obviously isn't getting sacked anytime soon.

To me he sat Idly by while Lambert floundered and Moyes and Pullis were on the dole. - Was that a hard nosed businessman holding his nerve ? - or burying his head in the sand ? - Time will tell.

This Lerner not selling stuff, I wonder who the intended audience is ? - Future managers ?, Future Sponsors ?   - at the end of the days its only words, and not even the chairmans words 

To me he sat Idly by while Lambert floundered and Moyes and Pullis were on the dole. - Was that a hard nosed businessman holding his nerve ? - or burying his head in the sand ? - Time will tell.

This Lerner not selling stuff, I wonder who the intended audience is ? - Future managers ?, Future Sponsors ?   - at the end of the days its only words, and not even the chairmans words 

Have you not considered that he simply believes in Lambert? You may not agree with it (I'm not sure I do either) but i think it's ridiculous to criticise him for "sitting idly" and not getting Moyes and Pulis just because you wanted them.

Â