Tom Fox

Cracker1234

3 minutes ago, sexbelowsound said:

Here's hoping.

Lerner's waiting to see how Trump gets on with the elections. If he's unsuccessful, we can expect him here next season as Director of Football.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, KHV said:

FWIW I don't think Almstadt's role (whatever that is?) will be filled again and I don't think Riley will be replaced either.

I think this is it for me. Too many roles occupied for Hollis if he is here to cost cut.

• Like 1

So we hire a guy who has a background in commercial revenue, and let him run a football club. Shockingly, it doesn't work out, and then he gets the blame / sack for it. Yet another mistake that our amazing owner has made.

Randy you really are a **** idiot. 

Edited by PieFacE
  • Like 1

Who is blaming Hollis? It was a question. Does he know enough about how to run a football club to be making these potential whole sale changes?

Lots of people have blamed Hollis. I quoted your post, but my comments were aimed towards the general message that's come from people who have just lumped all the senior staff together.

In the last few months there's been a lot of 'Lerner/ Fox/ Reilly/ Almstadt/ Hollis/ King OUT!'

As others have said, maybe the more recent appointments are actually doing what we want.

To be honest, for me, a lot of the blame this year, falls down on whoever thought it was a good idea to spend the majority of our transfer budget on players who have showed potential, and not a lot more.

Ultimately under Fox's watch he has appointed 2 managers , sold our 2 best assets ( not his fault hey wanted to go) and invested the money so poorly as to not only have us relegated but relegated in embarrassing fashion.I appreciate the mitigating circumstances that we were already on a slippey slope but that doesn't justify the utter mess they made of recruitment last summer that has left us looking like a sunday league team.

The season can't be this disastrous and it be only the manager taking the blame and losing his job

• Like 1

I'm OK with more roles 'above' the manager, being in favour the more 'continental' approach of having player recruitment occur at that level (though in consultation with what would be the head coach) because it allows the club to define itself and any coach would essentially be making use of what is available. I don't buy into the old way of letting the manager do everything because it leads to constant squad renewal, and as we have seen, that is a messy business.

They key is getting the right people.

• Like 1

Ultimately under Fox's watch he has appointed 2 managers , sold our 2 best assets ( not his fault hey wanted to go) and invested the money so poorly as to not only have us relegated but relegated in embarrassing fashion.

The funny thing is that the two manager appointments weren't actually bad.

Sherwood was brought in to keep us up, which he did.

Garde was a welcome choice by many, but when he came the squad was low on confidence, and from the summer onwards it has been short of quality, which have all contributed to the relegation.

20 minutes ago, KHV said:

FWIW I don't think Almstadt's role (whatever that is?) will be filled again and I don't think Riley will be replaced either.

Exactly this. If you have a manager that is anywhere near capable he's not going to need people to tell him which players to buy.

Another layer of management that is just not required.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Rob182 said:

The funny thing is that the two manager appointments weren't actually bad.

Sherwood was brought in to keep us up, which he did.

Garde was a welcome choice by many, but when he came the squad was low on confidence, and from the summer onwards it has been short of quality, which have all contributed to the relegation.

Sherwood should have only been given a 18 month contract as huge gamble, and Remi was a huge gamble that hasnt worked out. remi is a manager for  a midtable club. not one in the position we are in. He also gave lambert a new contract after four games then sacked him few months later

7 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Sherwood should have only been given a 18 month contract as huge gamble, and Remi was a huge gamble that hasnt worked out. remi is a manager for  a midtable club. not one in the position we are in. He also gave lambert a new contract after four games then sacked him few months later

He gave lambert a new contract after 4 games then sacked him a few months later AFTER the guy had offered his resignation!!

If somebody wants out, you let them go.

What was fox thinking?

19 minutes ago, RimmyJimmer said:

He gave lambert a new contract after 4 games then sacked him a few months later AFTER the guy had offered his resignation!!

What was fox thinking?

Wrong dates 

Edited by Jimzk5

5 minutes ago, Jimzk5 said:

I may be wrong, but I believe lambert was given that 4 year deal in September 14 and fox joined in the November

Fox  became CEO in August 2014 and one of his first major acts was to award Lambert a 4 year contract.

(His second being to sack him in February)

This is good news really, but it depends totally now on who they are replaced with. If we want to keep Garde then we need to hire a director of football and a chief scout to support and help him build a team. If we don't want to keep Garde then we should be perhaps looking for a trio that have had success elsewhere (not necessarily in england) and bring the whole unit, director of football, chief scout and head coach/manager. Hollis is essentially Fox's replacement in that scenario.

It's ANOTHER massive opportunity to turn this around next year. However, Lerner has totally **** up all the better opportunities that came in better circumstances, so I'm not about to get excited.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RimmyJimmer said:

What was fox thinking?

Pretty sure Lambert offered his resignation to Randy the summer before (after his second season), which would've been before Fox had joined the club.

12 hours ago, sne said:

This seems particularly odd even for Lerner and Villa.

In what staff role is historical trivia a vital skill?

she probably knows more than the senior management combined ;)

4 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Fox talks a great game but has been a major disappointment at the club, not that im concerned if he goes but problem is Lerner will hire some other clown

Surely the whole point of the Board is that they will do all of the hiring and firing now not Lerner. I think appointing the Board was essentially Lerner saying 'do what you need to do just don't ask me for any money'. I reckon it'll be a recruitment company that will provide the candidates to the board's brief, and Hollis and Merv will sign off on the agreed candidate. Think that's how we got Houllier.

23 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Fox talks a great game but has been a major disappointment at the club, not that im concerned if he goes but problem is Lerner will hire some other clown

I used to think this as well but how long was it before people saw through his bullshit? Pretty quickly wasn't it?

Â