Tom Fox

Cracker1234

19 minutes ago, BG_Villa_Fan said:

I don't understand your example. Do you believe the results on the pitch and the overall job done by the CEO would have nothing or little in common? 

I think it's pretty clear if we were 12th that would have meant Fox would have done a much better job than he actually has, and thus the thread would have naturally contained less criticism. 

Fox shouldn't get criticism, because if we were 12th we wouldn't be relegated, or something.

why don't we play Richardson at left back while we were at it, if he made less mistakes he'd be a good player - so we might as well play him.

On 23/02/2016 at 14:09, TRO said:

Bang on the button.

for me it has appeared he has appointed CEO's above their station.

Insufficient experience for the post and insufficient football knowledge to challenge results and performances.

One was an Office manager and the other a commercial manager.

It seems to me that Richard Fitzgerald could have been better, Cunnah was not here long enough for me to have any idea......but we have got through umpteen MD's

Football is a unique business in the sense, that when I look back at all the successes its the MANAGER that stands out.

It would be very interesting to find out why Fitzgerald and Cunnah lasted such a short time as they were both people with a reasonable knowledge of football and football as a business.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, mykeyb said:

It would be very interesting to find out why Fitzgerald and Cunnah lasted such a short time as they were both people with a reasonable knowledge of football and football as a business.

Because they fell out with MON who wanted complete control at the club? And then we spunked millions on players with no resale value. And then when they asked O'Neill to trim the wage bill, he flounced out. Lerner allowed him to spend nearly 20 million on Harewood, Reo-Coker and Davies with barely any return. And loads more examples.

We have had either too little structure at the top under Lerner, or too much in a cost cutting exercise. We have not managed to sensibly build a squad up with good buys and reinvesting player sales back into the team.

Fitzgerald left winter 08 and after that is when the shit contracts started coming into play, paid a lot on Harewood, Davies and Reo-Coker but they got nowhere near the level of salary the next bunch of players got

Just now, mykeyb said:

I really hope he is better at raising commercial revenue than he is at picking managers because he is bloody shite at the latter.

Maybe his plan is to sell "Garde Out" mugs.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, maqroll said:

Fox getting an earful, that's good

The best part of the match has been the chant of tom fox is rocket polisher, rocket polisher, tom fox is a rocket polisher rocket polisher

I would say he will be gone by summer latest now

9 minutes ago, dudevillaisnice said:

Yeah he was seething looked completely uncomfortable

Does anyone have any clips or pictures of this? Glad he finally got his portion of the abuse he deserves. We may be relying on a buyer to remove randy but fox has been nothing short of a disaster and the sooner he leaves the better, in my opinion. 

7 minutes ago, Chindie said:

I genuinely couldn't tell you what he does all day. I'm surprised so many people know.

Appointed various managers and failed. Also has to be held responsible for this shambolic transfer policy

• Like 1

Â