Tom Fox

Cracker1234

2 hours ago, Jareth said:

The KPIs as identified by the directors concern league position, cup runs, attendance and turnover. Bottom of the league, out of the cups early on, plummeting attendance and now a massive loss. No way can anybody associated with the last 18 months remain in their jobs. I expect Fox's sacking imminently.

Do we sack everybody? The KPI's are pretty standard for a football club. The numbers are awful but it was Faulkner that's let the wage bill go up about 25% from £60 to £74m! That's awful. Especially considering the players involved. Fox has said all along that we have been badly run off the pitch granted he has overseen us having a worst season in decades but if he is sorting out the financial mess off the pitch I think sacking him is futile. Only Hollis will be the only one who knows if this is the case so I think if Fox stays that'll be the reason. 

6 hours ago, VillaChris said:

Just looking at the accounts and it claims he was appointed on November 5th 2014.

I was sure it was around September but maybe you can exonerate him from the Lambert contract extension if that's true.

http://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/updated-aston-villa-confirm-appointment-7648846

UPDATED: Aston Villa confirm appointment of Tom Fox as CEO

• 11:10, 21 AUG 2014
  • UPDATED 11:29, 21 AUG 2014
  • BY GREGG EVANS

As expected Tom Fox is the replacement for Paul Faulkner at Aston Villa, he says he can't wait to get started

His appointment was announced to the world on 21 August 2014. It was reported to Companies House on 5 November.  Looks like a bit of a reporting delay? But even if his formal appointment hadn't been completed, it is hard to believe Lambert's new contract would have been signed without his full agreement.

Only in a completely dysfunctional, shambolically managed, doomed organisation could such a thing happen.

(Oh, hang on...)

Edited by briny_ear

Surely Hollis will get rid at the end of the season. His salary, if true, is ridiculous for our position and his input.

Haven't even had a bloody 'Let's be having you' speech. Tosspot.

1 hour ago, BOF said:

Wasn't ours technically an unspecified director and it's largely an assumption that it's Tom Fox?

Yes, there's a certain amount of guesswork in the Mail article but Tamlyn Jones in tonight's Birmingham Mail also says it's "most likely" Tom Fox who got the £1.25m.

Would be interesting to speculate who it might be if not Mr F. 

£1.25m? What a crazy crazy amount for someone running a football club.  We have people running the country on far far less.  Presume this is a basic salary figure, so imagine the expenses he claims on top of that (ie dining out, accommodation, travel etc).  No wonder we are a mess! 

1 hour ago, HanoiVillan said:

His salary is ridiculous. Faulkner might have been shit but at least he was cheap. 

My sentiments exactly!

I'm sure we could have paid a hell of a lot less for 13 shite players in the summer too 

His salary is ridiculous. Faulkner might have been shit but at least he was cheap. 

I'm not in any way defending Fox's salary, but I think it's pretty obvious from the last few years that Faulkner and Robin Russell were **** shit at their jobs and their "cheap" 300k salaries has actually cost us much more in the long term in debts and loss of revenue.

I'm not in any way defending Fox's salary, but I think it's pretty obvious from the last few years that Faulkner and Robin Russell were **** shit at their jobs and their "cheap" 300k salaries has actually cost us much more in the long term in debts and loss of revenue.

Seems like it's a case of:

You pay peanuts, you get monkeys.

So you start paying out in gold coins instead.

You still get monkeys.

Generally in most businesses, you would have a starting salary based on your experience and expertise in that role. With Fox having no previous experience in the role you would expect to see him at the lower end of the earnings spectrum. I mean you would not expect him to be earning twice as much as Karen Brady at West Ham, although looking at the list it looks like we are not the only ones paying out above our stations with Norwich and West Brom paying out large sum. 

For me, we need to be structuring our pay on a more performance related basis across the whole of the club, that way at least we would not be rewarding failure so much.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, HeyAnty said:

If he gets sacked would he be entitled to a 3 mill payoff like managers?

I don't doubt that for a second.

He probably got to write his own contract when he signed.

8 minutes ago, HeyAnty said:

If he gets sacked would he be entitled to a 3 mill payoff like managers?

It would depend on what his contract says. Managers contracts are for a set period of time, whereas a CEO would have a permanent contract with a termination clause built in. So I would say he would not get his contract paid up for three years etc like a manager who still has three years left on his contract. His contract may say something like he needs to give the company (AVFC) 1 years notice of leaving, and the Club would have to give likewise notice which would be payable upon his sacking,

Â