Tom Fox

Cracker1234

Just now, CarewsEyebrowDesigner said:

Well I for one am glad the club brought in an auditing company otherwise we'd never have come to that conclusion.

It's alright though, Hollis has already carefully established that the secret to better player recruitment is spending less money, so we've got that to look forward to. 

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, sne said:

This seems particularly odd even for Lerner and Villa.

In what staff role is historical trivia a vital skill?

I know all staff are having to take tests, although not sure whether that involves the history of the club. Apparently a few people who have been there a long time have failed these 'tests', and are in danger of losing their job.

I have also heard about another incident that has made my blood boil. Basically a staff member was asked by a charity to try and get a players shirt for a charity auction. This has never been an issue before, so the staff member approached a player, and the player was quite happy to oblige.

However, this was seen by either Fox or one of his underlings, who came and put a stop to it. The staff member got an absolute bollocking, to the point he wasn't sure he would have a job any longer. 

Ultimately the player came and found the staff member at a later point and gave him a shirt so it worked out in the end, but these are the type of people we have in charge now. All the rumours about how bad things have become behind the scenes under Fox are true apparently.

Telegraph reporting at 10.30 tonight that Fox, Reilly and the other one could be for the chop at the end of the season. Although it also says Fox position now considered "untenable" and could go sooner. Unfortunately we will still have Lerner! But it's a start. 

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/aston-villa/12181455/Desperate-Aston-Villa-preparing-to-axe-chief-executive-and-two-key-members-of-clubs-senior-staff.html

Desperate Aston Villa preparing to axe chief executive and two key members of club's senior staff

Chief executive Tom Fox is very likely to lose his job at the end of this doomed campaign, as are two other key members of the Villa Park backroom staff

Aston Villa are ready to axe chief executive Tom Fox and two key members of senior staff in a ruthless cull at the end of the season. 

Fox, sporting director Hendrik Almstadt and head of recruitment & scouting Paddy Riley are fighting to save their jobs after an extensive inquest by Steve Hollis, the new chairman. 

Hollis has conducted a full-scale investigation into Villa’s nightmare campaign and believes major changes are required at boardroom level, with the club on course to start next season in the Championship. 

Fox could even leave before the season ends with sources claiming his position has now become “untenable”, while his two big appointments Almstadt and Riley are also expected to go. 

Tom Fox is about to be axed by the club

Almstadt and Riley were recruited from Arsenal and Liverpool respectively but are set to take the hit for Villa’s appalling season, with the club bottom of the Premier League after only three wins. 

Hollis, the former Midlands regional chairman of financial services firm KPMG, has been assessing all areas of the club with an auditing company and has identified player recruitment as a huge flaw. 

Edited by MikeMcKenna

So somebody has come in and highlighted a crap recruitment policy and identified that Fox, Almstadt and Riley are dreadful at their jobs.

Fancy that eh??

Aston Villa senior staff to pay price for club's disastrous Premier League season 

Aston Villa chief executive Tom Fox in firing line after woeful campaign

Chairman Steve Hollis is looking into why Villa have performed so poorly

Midlands club are currently bottom of the table, eight points from safety

By LAURIE WHITWELL FOR THE DAILY MAIL 

PUBLISHED: 22:29, 2 March 2016 | UPDATED: 02:00, 3 March 2016

Aston Villa are ready to axe senior personnel responsible for the club’s disastrous season with chief executive Tom Fox in the firing line as well as two senior staff in charge of recruitment.

New chairman Steve Hollis is leading the inquest into Villa's inevitable slide into the Championship and is seriously considering wiping the slate clean at the top.

Fox is expected to pay the price for his mistakes, while head of recruitment Paddy Riley and sporting director Hendrik Almstadt are also candidates to be shown the door.

Aston Villa duo Joleon Lescott (left) and Micah Richards look dejected following defeat by Everton on Tuesday

Villa chief executive Tom Fox is in the firing line with the club rooted to the bottom of the Premier League

Aston Villa boss Remi Garde: 'No tactical tweaks can prevent...Aston Villa 1-3 Everton: Ramiro Funes Mori, Aaron Lennon and...Football's Oscars: Leicester duo Jamie Vardy and Riyad...Aston Villa manager Remi Garde admits to having sleepless...

An auditing firm has been called in to investigate all jobs from the hierarchy down and focus is being placed on trimming numbers.

Hollis, who held a board meeting including Fox last Thursday, has been making his own inquiries too, with the finger of blame repeatedly being pointed at recruitment choices made in the past 18 months.

Sir Mervyn King, the former Governor of the Bank of England who joined the board recently, is assisting on financial matters. Owner Randy Lerner, who will find it impossible to sell the club at his current £150million valuation in the Championship, is being kept abreast of findings.

Aston Villa boss Remi Garde (pictured) clashed with sporting director Hendrik Almstadt over January targets

Large numbers of disgruntled Villa fans left well before the final whistle during the match against the Toffees

Aston Villa are rooted to the bottom of the Premier League table, eight points from safety

Fox has overseen all transfer dealings since being appointed in summer 2014 from a successful spell as Arsenal’s chief commercial officer. Riley joined in his key role at the same time. Fox placed faith in Almstadt, his former colleague from Arsenal, as the club’s first sporting director last year.

Villa manager Remi Garde is understood to have clashed with Almstadt over January targets and was left hugely frustrated when not a single signing was made. Garde will consider his position at the club and is yet to renew the lease on his flat on the outskirts of Birmingham, Sportsmail understands. But he could yet stay on if significant changes are made.

Former manager Tim Sherwood was also highly dissatisfied at the work being done by Riley and Almstadt during his tenure. 

From The Daily Mail

If anyone deserves to be sacked its these three losers. I hold all three responsible for building this absolute piss poor embarrassment of a squad. I hope no other club touches them with a barge pole. havent been happy with hollis but support this. Get some football men in!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Would be great if they got someone like Graham Taylor in who knows this club inside out and has love for us. 

• Like 2

This is all well and good Mr Hollis but do you know enough about how to run a football club yourself that you'll be able to replace them with people that know what they're doing?

I find these kind of comments a bit pointless. I'm sure a graphic was posted a few weeks ago, showing the amount of clubs that have 'football men' in charge. It's not many. (And I wouldn't like to support the club that just has football men in charge. It would quickly turn to shit, imo).

What is our aim here, to get everyone sacked including Lerner, who we know won't go until he sells? So therefore we're just looking to get everyone below Lerner sacked. So then Lerner will bring in new people, who may be better or worse than the people we currently have in place.

All we can go on, right now, is their performance to date. How much blame can we place on Hollis? He's only been here a few weeks, and he's presumably working to Lerner's instructions (ie: "No, I don't want to spend massive amounts in January"). The next guy will be under the same instructions.... Are we going to ask him to leave as well?

I find this 'EVERYONE must go' attitude to be pretty pointless tbh. Yes, we're getting relegated, but that doesn't mean that every person that's currently at the club is directly responsible.

Part of OTDO74 was for there to be a an investigation/review of the current staff. Hollis and King came in a week or two before that was suggested, so perhaps they are doing what we actually want them to do.

• Like 1

So on the basis of the press reports above maybe Hollis is actually doing the job we all want him to do? Just throwing it out there.....

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Harry said:

So on the basis of the press reports above maybe Hollis is actually doing the job we all want him to do? Just throwing it out there.....

Hollis hasn't really done anything wrong at all since he has been here. I think people just instantly hated him because of his background and that he was a non football person

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Rob182 said:

I find these kind of comments a bit pointless. I'm sure a graphic was posted a few weeks ago, showing the amount of clubs that have 'football men' in charge. It's not many. (And I wouldn't like to support the club that just has football men in charge. It would quickly turn to shit, imo).

What is our aim here, to get everyone sacked including Lerner, who we know won't go until he sells? So therefore we're just looking to get everyone below Lerner sacked. So then Lerner will bring in new people, who may be better or worse than the people we currently have in place.

All we can go on, right now, is their performance to date. How much blame can we place on Hollis? He's only been here a few weeks, and he's presumably working to Lerner's instructions (ie: "No, I don't want to spend massive amounts in January"). The next guy will be under the same instructions.... Are we going to ask him to leave as well?

I find this 'EVERYONE must go' attitude to be pretty pointless tbh. Yes, we're getting relegated, but that doesn't mean that every person that's currently at the club is directly responsible.

Part of OTDO74 was for there to be a an investigation/review of the current staff. Hollis and King came in a week or two before that was suggested, so perhaps they are doing what we actually want them to do.

Who is blaming Hollis? It was a question. Does he know enough about how to run a football club to be making these potential whole sale changes? I don't know.

Hopefully he does but based on all of Lerner's previous appointments i'd suggest he probably doesn't.

11 minutes ago, Harry said:

Not having a chairman in the first place was Lerners downfall.  It let these three clowns run riot and do whatever they wanted.  There was nobody there to keep them in check.  Hollis will go up in everyones estimation if he does get rid of these parasites and hopefully in turn it will persuade Garde to stay.

Just now, sexbelowsound said:

Who is blaming Hollis? It was a question. Does he know enough about how to run a football club to be making these potential whole sale changes? I don't know.

Hopefully he does but based on all of Lerner's previous appointments i'd suggest he probably doesn't.

Because of what has happened I don't think Hollis and the board will make the same mistakes when replacing Fox,Almstadt and Riley.

2 minutes ago, sexbelowsound said:

Here's hoping. 

FWIW I don't think Almstadt's role (whatever that is?) will be filled again and I don't think Riley will be replaced either.

Â