Tom Fox

Cracker1234

25 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Leicester found Mahrez for under a mil yet we spent 20m on gana and veretout. Sackable offence alone for that

Leicester also spent £9m on Kramaric, it's silly comparing everything to the Mahrez deal.  I don't think it was £20m for those two and I don't think they have been disasters either.  Plus don't forget we could only sign players because we found Benteke in the first place and could sell him at 3 or 4 times what we paid, to which Reilly deserves some credit.  Even the likes of Ayew and Amavi this summer we could probably make a profit if we sold them.  Like I say, I don't think Reilly himself has done that badly, it's a whole mixture of things wrong culturally at the club that has led to our downfall which won't change until we are sold.

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, sharkyvilla said:

Leicester also spent £9m on Kramaric, it's silly comparing everything to the Mahrez deal.  I don't think it was £20m for those two and I don't think they have been disasters either.  Plus don't forget we could only sign players because we found Benteke in the first place and could sell him at 3 or 4 times what we paid, to which Reilly deserves some credit.  Even the likes of Ayew and Amavi this summer we could probably make a profit if we sold them.  Like I say, I don't think Reilly himself has done that badly, it's a whole mixture of things wrong culturally at the club that has led to our downfall which won't change until we are sold.

I agree, Mahrez is a one in a million. But was is not Reilly that was at Liverpool too ? where he wasted tons and tons of money and then got fired ? he has a terrible track record, whenyou buy as many players as he has, one or two have to turn out good (Benteke is his good one), it's just impossible that all of them turn out badly. 

I do also feel that the money has been totally wasted this summer. One of the worst transfer window any premier league club has ever had.

Edited by Chicken Field

29 minutes ago, sharkyvilla said:

I don't think it was £20m for those two and I don't think they have been disasters either.

It actually isn't far off £20m that we paid for Veretout and Gueye, and they are crap.

Is Gerard Houllier CEO material? 

I think we need to be careful what we wish for, what if Tom Fox is the only person standing between Randy Lerner and selling off the family jewels? These are very worrying times. 

I will NOT be pacified by a change of CEO. 

• Like 2

Leicester found Mahrez for under a mil yet we spent 20m on gana and veretout. Sackable offence alone for that

Yes every transfer should be an Premier League player of the year for £1m from some European second division. Clown

We will make a profit on both veretout and gana it will just take a few years. That's how it works when you buy potential not end product.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, KHV said:

It actually isn't far off £20m that we paid for Veretout and Gueye, and they are crap.

It's more the context in which they were signed that was the problem IMHO. To immediately become the heart of our team they were totally inappropriate signings. If they'd gone to the likes of Everton, Liverpool or even Spurs and developed alongside top premier league midfielders they would both develop into top class midfielders themselves IMHO. Likewise if we'd bought Delle Alli last summer he'd now be every bit as crap as the rest of our team.

19 minutes ago, briny_ear said:

If Houllier came anywhere near our club again, that really would be the end of my lifelong allegiance to Villa.

As it looks likely we won't be playing Liverpool next season, I doubt Houllier would want to join us anyway knowing in advance he wouldn't be able to do his lap of honour around Anfield.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, El-Reacho said:

Pretty sure Lambert offered his resignation to Randy the summer before (after his second season), which would've been before Fox had joined the club.

Yes he did...but lambert had still offered his resignation whether fox was there or not. He still gave a new contract to a manager who was obviously unhappy

• Like 1

1 hour ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

Is Gerard Houllier CEO material? 

I think we need to be careful what we wish for, what if Tom Fox is the only person standing between Randy Lerner and selling off the family jewels? These are very worrying times. 

I will NOT be pacified by a change of CEO. 

CEO no way! Director of Football yes please, well maybe yes please when he got better after the end of that first season. We wouldn't be in the shit we are now. Possibly a bit old now. 

whilst Reilly and almstadt can leave for being totally inept at what they do, fox is just another of lerners perfect fools imo, he's made a complete balls up of it true but he should never have been given the green light to do so. 

reason this season is so bad is A we didnt spend enough cash

sherwood didnt have a clue and was pissed off he didnt get the players we wanted

pretty much the entire blame for the situation we are in lands at lerners feet most the players we have brought arent actually that bad the only truely bad one is gestude and thats only because we dont have wingers :I

if fox or anyone gets fired its to try and keep the blame from lerner

On 2 March 2016 at 23:26, HanoiVillan said:

It's alright though, Hollis has already carefully established that the secret to better player recruitment is spending less money, so we've got that to look forward to. 

In our case, it might be true.....because with money, we have royally ****** up.

50 million on junk.

On 3 March 2016 at 18:43, HAL said:

reason this season is so bad is A we didnt spend enough cash

sherwood didnt have a clue and was pissed off he didnt get the players we wanted

pretty much the entire blame for the situation we are in lands at lerners feet most the players we have brought arent actually that bad the only truely bad one is gestude and thats only because we dont have wingers :I

if fox or anyone gets fired its to try and keep the blame from lerner

So we didn't spend enough cash?.....can you tell me what you think we should have spent?

Blues could be coming up.....and we are going down.

do you think they are awash with money?

this money thing needs to be properly explained....otherwise it just seems to be a bandwagon styled statement.

Edited by TRO

On 3 March 2016 at 15:59, KHV said:

And who is going to keep funding that?

no one.

decent striker was needed

new goal keeper

and since we brought rudy for some reason two wingers it tbh I can see why they didnt want to spend more in the summer

but not spending any in the winter was shocking so many points loss due to not having someone to convert the few chances we get

Â