Tom Fox

Cracker1234

8 minutes ago, blandy said:

Yep, things have go much worse in the 18 months since he became involved. He's on his third manager (soon to be his fourth I'd guess) the transfer windows were a shambles, the staff upset, the team rotten, the club going down...

Talks the talk, doesn't walk the walk. Out of his depth.

Absolutely for he has been a disaster. If your going to keep him on demote him to commerical/PR. We need a chief executive who has been a chief executive in FOOTBALL. Someone who has experience in hiring managers, running a club not some reject that thinks because he was at Arsenal and talks like a politician. 

• Like 1

Biggest problem is cash for players, we didn't bring in enough quality. More than any of the board members. All I lay at Fox's door is appointing a total idiot after Lambert. Which is a pretty big arse up and I thought he did will to admit it early enough to give us a chance of recovering, but it seems the players in weren't good enough. It's a bit of the Faulkner thing, I didn't actually know what he did, yet oddly enough these figures don't get hate when the playing side of things are doing well. Find it weird how people can be so certain that these inbetweeners can be so incompetent, when really it's either the players, manager or money-provider who are the chief factors in how a side is performing. 

• Like 1

The appointment of Sherwood was a good move, as he kept us up when we looked dead and buried. The sacking of him was also good, though he should have been sacked sooner. It could be argued that we kept Sherwood for as long as we did to see if he could get one last set of good results.

In hindsight, we should have gotten rid of Sherwood in the summer and given a different manager the money to build the new team - but that's hindsight for you.

Aside from Fox, I think the fact that we actually sacked Sherwood at all shows that we turned a corner of sorts from a few years ago. A few years ago we wouldn't have even sacked a manager mid-season that had 2 years left on his contract.

5 hours ago, Richard said:

So Steve Hollis has brought in a team of consultants to write a report for him to present the issues and solutions? There's a surprise.

I know what your saying Richard but rather have some outsiders than having Fox and Reilly doing it.

Whoever was responsbile for the recruitment of this crap team deserves to be fired

• Like 1

On 21 February 2016 at 08:58, Jimzk5 said:

So we now have 2 men who have zero experience at running a football club, conducting a review into the jobs of 3 people who have zero experience of running a football club. 

At the end of the season I'm expecting a review on hollis & King to be undertaken by wolf from gladiators, the honey monster and  les Dennis.

Thanks for this. I genuinely laughed out loud and made myself look a right idiot in my office earlier today.

9 hours ago, blandy said:

Yep, things have go much worse in the 18 months since he became involved. He's on his third manager (soon to be his fourth I'd guess) the transfer windows were a shambles, the staff upset, the team rotten, the club going down...

Talks the talk, doesn't walk the walk. Out of his depth.

He's not that good

10 hours ago, PieFacE said:

Personally I'm of the belief that the problems we're facing are more due to the departure of Benteke than the hiring of Fox.  Though, i'm not saying Fox is doing a particularly good job at all.

It's certainly a big part of the problem.

I could not trust the people who bought those 13 players in during the summer, to do anymore business for us.

That for me was the worst attempt I can remember of trying to improve a team

• Like 2

Here's the thing. Everyone right now is rightly being blamed for the position that Villa are in. Lerner, Fox, Hollis, the board members, the manager, the coaches and the players. They're all to blame because they all have a part to play. Tom Fox definitely shoulders some of that blame, but in no way is he one of the main culprits, in my opinion.

Since he came in, I actually think we've started to act like a proper club (for the first time in a long time!), despite the results on the pitch.

Last season we sacked Lambert mid-season with years on his contract. Something we haven't done for absolutely ages. Lerner has never had the guts or foresight to do it, but Fox did it (when most of us thought 'Lambert's going nowhere').

Fox then hired Sherwood, which turned out to be a good decision has he kept us up when we looked dead and buried. We now know, in hindsight, that we should have sacked Sherwood in the summer, but given some of the good results he got in his first short spell, it's understandable that we kept him.

We then sacked Sherwood mid-season too, again with years on his contract. Many people think we should have sacked him sooner, but it's possible the board were hoping he'd be able to spur the team on to a few more wins, in true 'man motivator' Sherwood style. Ultimately though, he didn't, so he had to go, but sacking him was the right decision, if a few weeks later than we'd have liked.

Fox then hired Garde, who many fans like and many fans thought was a good appointment. Fox was not to know that Garde's first win would not be for ages.

The point I'm making, is that Fox is to blame, like others, but he's by no means one of the main reasons for our demise.

Fox can be blamed for bringing in O'Reilly/Almstadt who oversaw the incoming transfers that have proved to be so shit this season. But even then, we look at players like Amavi and Ayew, and know they're easily good enough for the Premier League. You can look at players like Traore and Veretout, who had other Premier League suitors in Stoke an Leicester.

Our problem is that everything in every area has gone a 'bit' wrong, culminating in one massive f*ckup across the club. But I don't think anyone in recent months has made error after error, which is why it's difficult to pinpoint our situation on one person - other than the one person who influences the lot, Randy Lerner. That's who our main frustrations should be aimed at.

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, Rob182 said:

Here's the thing. Everyone right now is rightly being blamed for the position that Villa are in. Lerner, Fox, Hollis, the board members, the manager, the coaches and the players. They're all to blame because they all have a part to play. Tom Fox definitely shoulders some of that blame, but in no way is he one of the main culprits, in my opinion.

Since he came in, I actually think we've started to act like a proper club (for the first time in a long time!), despite the results on the pitch.

Last season we sacked Lambert mid-season with years on his contract. Something we haven't done for absolutely ages. Lerner has never had the guts or foresight to do it, but Fox did it (when most of us thought 'Lambert's going nowhere').

Fox then hired Sherwood, which turned out to be a good decision has he kept us up when we looked dead and buried. We now know, in hindsight, that we should have sacked Sherwood in the summer, but given some of the good results he got in his first short spell, it's understandable that we kept him.

We then sacked Sherwood mid-season too, again with years on his contract. Many people think we should have sacked him sooner, but it's possible the board were hoping he'd be able to spur the team on to a few more wins, in true 'man motivator' Sherwood style. Ultimately though, he didn't, so he had to go, but sacking him was the right decision, if a few weeks later than we'd have liked.

Fox then hired Garde, who many fans like and many fans thought was a good appointment. Fox was not to know that Garde's first win would not be for ages.

The point I'm making, is that Fox is to blame, like others, but he's by no means one of the main reasons for our demise.

Fox can be blamed for bringing in O'Reilly/Almstadt who oversaw the incoming transfers that have proved to be so shit this season. But even then, we look at players like Amavi and Ayew, and know they're easily good enough for the Premier League. You can look at players like Traore and Veretout, who had other Premier League suitors in Stoke an Leicester.

Our problem is that everything in every area has gone a 'bit' wrong, culminating in one massive f*ckup across the club. But I don't think anyone in recent months has made error after error, which is why it's difficult to pinpoint our situation on one person - other than the one person who influences the lot, Randy Lerner. That's who our main frustrations should be aimed at.

I know, we're all scatter gunning around blaming everyone and anyone.

I kind of look at the thing like this, in 3 parts.

Part 1 Randy takes over, all enthusiastic, throws loads of money at stuff - Ground, training Ground, Pub, players, manager, free coaches and stuff. The money is not all well spent, and there's no-one in place with any football wisdom or experience to provide good council. There's no structure, but lots of good will and enthusiasm.

Part 2. Randy stops being enthusiastic, still no structure or knowledge, various poor managerial appointments, cut backs due to over/out of control spending early on. Things start to go quite badly.

Part 3. Randy gives up. Decides to have a structure, appoints people to roles for which they are unsuited. Disaster ensues.

When you say that " Fox was not to know that Garde's first win would not be for ages" and similar points can be made - like Fox was not to know that Sherwood wouldn't....", or " Fox was not to know that [whatever]" - the thing is he is paid, as CEO to have the judgement and abilities not to know for sure what will happen, but to have a reasonable idea, and an alternative course of action if things start to go awry with the initial plan.

He's been here 18 months and while he may (or may not) have improved the Commercial aspects (which is where is experience lies) the club has regressed enormously. He's the CEO. While the owner can be and should be blamed for benign negligence, basically, over these past few years, the man in charge of the day to day running and decision making has made a massive mess of it.

There has been money for players, managers and all the rest. Decisions have been terrible, and predictably so.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Rob182 said:

Ok lets look at Tomes great job so far-

Gave Lambert a extended contract after just FOUR games into the season

Villa chief executive Tom Fox said: "We have a long-term vision for Villa.

"Paul is completely integrated into our plan to manage the club carefully and ambitiously back to a position in the Premier League appropriate to our history and collective expectations."

He then sacked him few months later wasting how much money?

Then he recruits Tim Sherwood a man with little experience and sacks him less than a year in Then he appoints Remi Garde who openly admitted that the club lied to him about signing players. You would have to point that in the direction of Fox as he is charge and was heavily involved in appointing Remi. Lets not forget the playing staff recruited, I wont believe Sherwood was responsible for this alone. If reilly and that other clown from arsenal were involved, who appointed them? None other than Tom Fox.

Oh and thats not even talking about the clubs current performances in the league. We have gone from 15th, 15th, 17th to 20th, drowning miles from land. The club has got worse under his leadership. Sack this useless cretin. He has disgraced this club enough. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Rob182 said:

I'm pretty sure I've read the Riley was appointed by Randy himself because he was so impressed with the Benteke signing.

Â