Carlos Sanchez

ArteSuave

Jeez, some people need to give the guy a break.

Took a bit too long on the ball at times and misplaced a few passes.

Other than that he did ok. Some of his passing was good, he tackled well and made himself available for the ball all game. Covered a lot of ground and never gave up or hid.

He adjusting to the pace of the fastest and most physical major league in the world.

His quality is obvious and he will be a very, very good player for us.

• Like 2

The guy was hapless today but, give the fella a chance to settle ad then see what he's made of.

It's well know that our league is fast paced so he's going to need plenty of time to adapt to it.

Lambert probably didn't do him any favours throwing him to that game!

Other than that he did ok. Some of his passing was good, he tackled well and made himself available for the ball all game. Covered a lot of ground and never gave up or hid.

He adjusting to the pace of the fastest and most physical major league in the world.

To me he looked lost in midfield. Yes, he won the ball back well a few times but it seemed like he didn't know where to position himself half the time.

He obviously needs time. I really do hope he comes good.

I agree with your sentiment of giving him time but your post is largely nonsense, he didn't do OK at all, he was completely off the pace, dwelled on the ball too much and didn't look up to speed at all whatsoever, it was a horror show. 

I think it's going to take the lad a good half a season to get up to speed, typical of a lot of foreign players who come over here he wants far too much time on the ball and thus gets caught in position. His fitness also isn't up to the standard required, he looks quite slow and tires early. 

It's going to take him a while to adjust but if he does adjust then I think he'll be a good player for us. 

Edited by Dr_Pangloss

Agree. For a first start in the PL he did fine. He showed a lot of trickery although he was unlucky with a lot of 50/50's, but that's exactly what you'd expect with a newcomer to the league. A horror show it most certainly wasn't.

Took a bit too long on the ball at times and misplaced a few passes.Other than that he did ok. Some of his passing was good, he tackled well and made himself available for the ball all game. Covered a lot of ground and never gave up or hid.

I agree with your sentiment of giving him time but your post is largely nonsense, he didn't do OK at all, he was completely off the pace, dwelled on the ball too much and didn't look up to speed at all whatsoever, it was a horror show. 

I think it's going to take the lad a good half a season to get up to speed, typical of a lot of foreign players who come over here he wants far too much time on the ball and thus gets caught in position. His fitness also isn't up to the standard required, he looks quite slow and tires early. 

It's going to take him a while to adjust but if he does adjust then I think he'll be a good player for us.

Let's agree to disagree, because I watched it and IMO he did 'ok'.

He did give it away and he did dwell on it too long - A FEW TIMES, but he also made some decent tackles, good passes and covered a lot of ground.

It was a 5.5/6 out of 10 for me, not a complete horror show by any means. His performance reflected the whole team, mainly ok with a few bad mistakes that cost us.

Agree. For a first start in the PL he did fine. He showed a lot of trickery although he was unlucky with a lot of 50/50's, but that's exactly what you'd expect with a newcomer to the league. A horror show it most certainly wasn't.

I don't think I could disagree more. What were those moments of trickery? I'm sure he will improve but it was a pretty awful first start.

For a first start in the PL he did fine. He showed a lot of trickery although he was unlucky with a lot of 50/50's, but that's exactly what you'd expect with a newcomer to the league. A horror show it most certainly wasn't.

I don't think I could disagree more. What were those moments of trickery? I'm sure he will improve but it was a pretty awful first start.

Can we at least agree that he's better than Sylla? I can't describe all the trickery, you'll just have to watch the game again ;)

I think he will turn out to be a good player.

You have to remember he has come from the Spanish league, where they don't really push so high up the pitch.He got caught out dwelling on the ball in the Villa half.His strength, pace and aggression will eventually be a big bonus to our team.

For a first start in the PL he did fine. He showed a lot of trickery although he was unlucky with a lot of 50/50's, but that's exactly what you'd expect with a newcomer to the league. A horror show it most certainly wasn't.

Can we at least agree that he's better than Sylla? I can't describe all the trickery, you'll just have to watch the game again ;)

I'll agree on that and make sure I sit through those 90 mins again to catch them. Looking forward to it.

He was utterly useless and it's one of the worst performances I have seen from a central midfielder at Villa in a while so that is saying something. He needs time to get up to the pace of the game but playing CDM you do not have that time.

He was very slow on the ball and lacked awareness of what was around him. As the game went on Arsenal could see how slow he was and there were times where they would let Delph/Cleverley have the ball but as soon as he got it 2/3 Arsenal players would pressure him. I thought he would be off at half time but I can imagine Keane wanted to see more form him and given the game was dead he may as well learn from this.

Very poor game but new signing so needs some time. 

The problem is that he was hyped up big time by us fans when we signed him, he hasn't had much of a pre-season with us, and has come from a different country and league that is a totally different playing style to our own.

He will take time to settle into this league, and I wouldn't expect to see the best of him until the second half of this season. Of course, he may not adapt or settle, and fans getting on his back isn't going to help him. Hopefully he will be given time by the fans.

Way off the pace and not helped by the Villa players avoiding passing to him...never quite understand that one, unless you're passing to wasteful/selfish Young ;)

Shame he struggled so much but hopefully he'll realise how tough it is and work harder to get up to speed with the Premier league. 

Good luck to him.

He was utterly useless and it's one of the worst performances I have seen from a central midfielder at Villa in a while so that is saying something. He needs time to get up to the pace of the game but playing CDM you do not have that time.

He was very slow on the ball and lacked awareness of what was around him. As the game went on Arsenal could see how slow he was and there were times where they would let Delph/Cleverley have the ball but as soon as he got it 2/3 Arsenal players would pressure him. I thought he would be off at half time but I can imagine Keane wanted to see more form him and given the game was dead he may as well learn from this.

Very poor game but new signing so needs some time.

Define ' a while', because I've seen a lot worse from Sylla, El-Hamadi, Ireland, Herd and Bannan in the past few seasons.

Â