Carlos Sanchez

ArteSuave

I got ridiculed on here for saying how bad he was two weeks ago. If today doesn't prove my point I'm not sure what will. Worst player on the pitch. I'll gladly eat the whole humble pie if by some miracle he turns out to be useful at best

Wow, you didn't give him long before completely writing him off, did you? Two weeks ago you had seen all you needed to.

He was utterly useless and it's one of the worst performances I have seen from a central midfielder at Villa in a while so that is saying something. He needs time to get up to the pace of the game but playing CDM you do not have that time.

He was very slow on the ball and lacked awareness of what was around him. As the game went on Arsenal could see how slow he was and there were times where they would let Delph/Cleverley have the ball but as soon as he got it 2/3 Arsenal players would pressure him. I thought he would be off at half time but I can imagine Keane wanted to see more form him and given the game was dead he may as well learn from this.

Very poor game but new signing so needs some time. 

Wow - I think your opinion is a little hysterical, to be honest. (not attacking the poster, as per the rules, so calm down Mods).

He didn't cover himself in glory today but he was up against at least one midfielder who cost roughly TEN TIMES what he did - what can you expect? 

He sucked today and doesn't look ready at all for the Premier League. But you have to give him time. He had no pre-season and was thrown into this game at the last minute.

Let's see against the lower half of the table in a couple of months time before we write him off.

The thing is Carlos is very good at playing football at an international level, where the tempo is typically very slow and he has plenty of time on the ball. The premier league is a completely different level, you could see that he looked completely off the pace, either rushing his passes or not getting them off quick enough. There's no doubt he is a good footballer but it will take a long time for him to adapt.

He was utterly useless and it's one of the worst performances I have seen from a central midfielder at Villa in a while so that is saying something. He needs time to get up to the pace of the game but playing CDM you do not have that time.

He was very slow on the ball and lacked awareness of what was around him. As the game went on Arsenal could see how slow he was and there were times where they would let Delph/Cleverley have the ball but as soon as he got it 2/3 Arsenal players would pressure him. I thought he would be off at half time but I can imagine Keane wanted to see more form him and given the game was dead he may as well learn from this.

Wow - I think your opinion is a little hysterical, to be honest. (not attacking the poster, as per the rules, so calm down Mods).

He didn't cover himself in glory today but he was up against at least one midfielder who cost roughly TEN TIMES what he did - what can you expect? 

I thought he was very very poor. I like the guy and I haven't said anything bad about him, he just needs time to settle.

He wanted ages on the ball, and was very slow to react and got pressured by the Arsenal midfield. In the first half he gave the ball away a lot and just didn't look anywhere near up to the pace of playing CM in a premier league team. I don't see how anything I have said was that far out of line?

You can't use the fact that the other team cost ten times as much as him because you could say that about any player in any position for most of our team. Delph cost 6m, Westwood was 2m and they haven't been lacking in these games.

Wasn't attacking him, he needs time but I thought he was poor. However Id never sarcastically cheer him off like others did at the ground today.

Why was he so hyped up? He's 28 playing for a nothing team in Spain. Was it all on the world cup?

To be honest I have no idea, I can't say I had heard of him before the WC. I guess most people were happy that we had finally bought a defensive midfielder, which was going to give some protection to the defence.

I must admit I was quietly worried as to whether he could live up to expectations. Truth is lots of players take time to settle into a new league, some never do. Fingers crossed he will come good, but I am not expecting to see him at his best for a few months.

I thought he was very very poor. I like the guy and I haven't said anything bad about him, he just needs time to settle.

He wanted ages on the ball, and was very slow to react and got pressured by the Arsenal midfield. In the first half he gave the ball away a lot and just didn't look anywhere near up to the pace of playing CM in a premier league team. I don't see how anything I have said was that far out of line?

You can't use the fact that the other team cost ten times as much as him because you could say that about any player in any position for most of our team. Delph cost 6m, Westwood was 2m and they haven't been lacking in these games.

Wasn't attacking him, he needs time but I thought he was poor. However Id never sarcastically cheer him off like others did at the ground today.

So you weren't attacking him but you said that "He was utterly useless and it's one of the worst performances I have seen from a central midfielder at Villa " ? 

I think he'll come good but that was terrible today. Doesn't take much to set people off on here though, one positive game is never enough to comment/......."lets give it time before we get too excited" but one bad game and it's panic stations let's trash the players.

Not getting the comparison to Makoun at all, he played quick one touch football, nothing like Sanchez IMO.

Makoun kept on getting booked every game and was sent off at Blackpool, his tackles were a touch slow so an indication he was off the pace although I do agree he was better on the ball than Sanchez appears from his limited appearences.

Harsh full debut for him. From his previous cameo appearances it's been pretty clear that he still needs time to settle in and get used to the pace of the game, so having to be thrown in at the last minute against Arsenal was pretty much a baptism of fire. I think the real test will be to see how he reacts to it and whether he shows some signs of improvement the next time he's on the pitch.

Much too early for a verdict on him.

Given he has looked a bit ropey in his sub appearances, I couldn't really see the sense in his inclusion - Bacuna\Nzog\Cole would have been better options. I sit quite close to pitch and I could see him asking everybody 'where should i be' type questions - its very early days but he does look like a fish out of water at the moment ...

Â