Carlos Sanchez

ArteSuave

Who in place of though? 

Richardson for me. He was very good today, but he was absolutely knackered come the end

Need an attacking midfield player in the team and he's got a week to recover.

The whole point of Sanchez should be to free up Westwood and Delph, in particular, to attack though

Surely he is to protect the defence and free up whoever we have in midfield.  We've been crying out for an attacking midfield all of last season, we now have a few options, I for one hope we play them.

Pushing two players who aren't really attacking midfield players further forward is not the answer to our creative issues.  

Will he play against Toon? Can't see Lambert changing the starting line up. 

Just think he could make a difference to the roles of all our midfielders. 

If it was me I would put him straight in and drop Westwood but then that might be a bit harsh. 

I think he will play a different side at home, we went with the counter attacking set up at home nearly all last season and it didn't work. I think he'll set us up to hold the ball more and I think we'll see Sanchez play in a midfield 5.

He's our first proper DM since Boateng IMO.

The likes of McCann, Reo Coker, Westwood, Delph and even Petrov have been deployed in that role since but none of them were 'proper' defensive midfielders.

I'm excited to see Sanchez in action, adding protection to the back four and breaking up play which release Delph and Westwood.

• Like 1

You don't change a winning team.

Plus it gives him a bit of a chance to get up to speed.

Win - Win.

Lambert would. This is proven (and I agree).

Whether he will this time is up for debate. For me Gabby drops to the bench.

Spot on, especially for a home game I fully expect/hope to see Gabby mainly saved for away games and the likes of J.Cole coming in for home matches

• Like 1

It will all depend upon next week, as I said before he signed he wouldn't be available for Stoke because he would need to be assessed in training the same still applies.

He has passed a medical but the club will need to assess his level of fitness in relation to the levels required and achieved by the rest of the players in pre-season.

Could we do with him against Newcastle? Yes without a doubt but only if he is ready because if he isn't we just aren't strong enough to carry anyone in our midfield.

Guess we will have to see how the next week goes.

Â