Carlos Sanchez

ArteSuave

Nice to see Carlitos in claret and blue! Staff are definitely going to work with him on gameplan as it looked like Carlitos was just playing by read and second guessed himself a bit - but that will come with time and getting more familiar with teammates too.

He is good at the midrange pass (particularly changing field), but he is usually uncomplicated and prefers to dump off. I liked the impact it had on Delph's game though, he was a live wire after a few minutes!

The macron kit collars are awful though! Carlos and Cissokho barely get their necks in...

Edited by ryu.yokoi
  • Like 2

This guy just has an aura about him that says "go out and get my name and number on your shirt". Which is what I'm going to do.

One of my favourite goals of all time was scored by Carlos Alberto. This fella carries the same name so I intend to have that, and his number, on the back of shirt.

• Like 2

This guy just has an aura about him that says "go out and get my name and number on your shirt". Which is what I'm going to do.

One of my favourite goals of all time was scored by Carlos Alberto. This fella carries the same name so I intend to have that, and his number, on the back of shirt.

Yeah, for some reason I just loved watching him on the pitch, really hoping for him to do well every time he touched the ball.

I thought he was okay, one great ball. I worry that our midfield is slightly too functional with him in the team. Delph and Westwood need to learn to be proper midfielders again now and not sit too deep.

I see your point. I think Delph will thrive with Sanchez in the team, but Westwood, even though he had a great game today, I think will get found out playing the proper box to box centre midfield role.

Sanchez's first moments immortalized:

bfylt_zps721b487d.gif

I'm looking forward to more regular appearances - if he carries on feeding the ball into the box with such precision, then we're onto a winner :)

First goddamn pass of his Villa career and it was a peach. Mfw

applause.gif

• Like 2

Apart from that fantastic chip to Hutton I thought he looked quite nervous on the ball. I think he'll be a good signing but can't say his passing really stood out for the 30 mins he was on.

I think the fact he has that chip in his arsenal is enough to be impressed by his passing range. Not seen too many players in our team pick out a player like that.

Apart from that fantastic chip to Hutton I thought he looked quite nervous on the ball. I think he'll be a good signing but can't say his passing really stood out for the 30 mins he was on.

I don't think he misplaced a pass? His passing was good, played a few simple ones and a few long ones out to the fullbacks/wide men.

Â