Carlos Sanchez

ArteSuave

Its quite exciting if what Lambert says is true about being interested before the world cup.

Means its not just a case of "I saw him in the world cup so let's sign him"

Even more excited to see him in action now?

• Like 1

Hopefully by putting Sanchez into the team it will allow Delph and (presumably) Westwood to get forward more and create more chances.

I've read this from a few people so not just picking on you Mantis, promise ;)

If people remember last season we just couldn't create chances in games, especially at home, it was awful to watch.  So awful in fact that a lot of villa fans were excited about the signing of wes hoolahan, I was one of them.  We need someone who has that creative flair, someone who not only sees the movement and the idea early but also has the ability to then create the right pass.  While delph and westwood are decent passers of the ball I don't think either of them are that player and I think if we push them forward we will look just like last season if teams sit back.

We've signed Cole and we have nzogbia and richardson who have had experience playing in that role.  I think it would be foolish of us to not play any of them in the attacking midfield role.  Obviously against the big teams we will need to approach the game differently, but most home games I would like to see us set up with that attacking intent.

I think a good midfield 3 has a good dm, a good am and a box to box player.  We now have the options to play that midfield 3 and i'd like to see what it could do, especially when benteke is back and fit.

• Like 2

I can see Lambert utilising Sanchez at the bottom of a midfield diamond with two strikers on the pitch - we experimented with that formation before but never had the players for it to work consistantly.

............Sanchez

Westwood...........Delph

...........N'Zogbia

....Benteke.Weimann

Edited by theboyangel
  • Like 1

I can see Lambert utilising Sanchez at the bottom of a midfield diamond with two strikers on the pitch - we experimented with that formation before but never had the players for it to work consistantly.

............Sanchez

Westwood...........Delph

...........N'Zogbia

....Benteke.Weimann

I hated it every single time i saw that formation last year.  We leave fullbacks isolated and lack width when attacking which restricts us a lot.

• Like 1

Sanchez needs to play in that DM role because it is something we've wanted for a long time now. I'd stick with that 4-3-3 formation which allows us to have 4 attacking players. I'd be happy with something like this for now:

--------------------------GUZAN------------------------

HUTTON---VLAAR--SENDEROS--CISSOKHO

-----------------------SANCHEZ-----------------------

---------------GREALISH--DELPH-------------------

N'ZOGBIA-------------------------------------GABBY

-----------------------WEIMANN------------------------

When Benteke is back I would drop whoever isn't playing well out of those front three. Grealish is questionable for many because of his age/inexperience but, he could be exchanged with Bacuna, Richardson, Westwood, Cole, Gardner and any of the other 3 in the above line-up. Okore is waiting int he wings to cover one of the central back two. We have Richardson to cover left back and Bacuna or Lowton ready to cover right back.

To be fair, we are in a much better place as a squad than we have been for some time.

sounds good too me

He is another unit in a team suddenly full of units. I can't see us being as soft this season as we were at times last season.

I don't want to keep liking things you say but again I agree. I think we will be tougher this season, having Keane on the bench and training pitch will help too.

• Like 1

He is another unit in a team suddenly full of units. I can't see us being as soft this season as we were at times last season.

I've been thinking about this a lot lately. Vlaar, Sanchez, Kozak then Benteke. Supported by Cissokho and Hutton, Senderos too. These are hard men, men you wouldn't **** with at any time or place. I think it's great. I wouldn't mind if we got a little "dirty" with it too. It's all about results at this stage.

• Like 1

I've been thinking about this a lot lately. Vlaar, Sanchez, Kozak then Benteke. Supported by Cissokho and Hutton, Senderos too. These are hard men, men you wouldn't **** with at any time or place. I think it's great. I wouldn't mind if we got a little "dirty" with it too. It's all about results at this stage.

And to think you used to like Mika! :)

I agree though, in the absence of real quality (which we can't afford) then I'm quite happy to see a few strong physical and athletic players in the side who can give us the tools to win in other ways.

Â