Carlos Sanchez

ArteSuave

24 minutes ago, av1 said:

Funny player, never seems to be average, he's either one of the best players on the pitch, or one of the worst. 

I am struggling to think of games when he has been one of the best players on this pitch to be honest with you.

I find him infuriating to watch as I always feel he wants too much time on the ball and is going to lose it. His passing at times is also atrocious. Physically he looks the part and when he is on his game he does ok but he is way too prone to lapses in concentration and is often the root of us finding ourselves under pressure due to him losing the ball in our own half or playing a poor pass.

Frightening thing is that he is never going to be too far away from our first 11 as we don’t really have options. The others centre mids lack a physical presence.

I was watching the Villa V Newcastle game with some neutrals (Bolton, and Everton fan). As soon as they saw him on the pitch they started laughing at how bad he was and they couldn't understand how he starts for us most games. Terrible player.

He's had some decent games, but I always feel that he's a liability. His passing is poor, and the worst thing is that he often gives the ball away in dangerous positions, setting the opposition on an attack. He also struggles with the pace and seems to lack awareness of those around him, I've seen him being dispossessed far too cheaply too often. 

I just don't think he's suited to this league. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, markavfc40 said:

I am struggling to think of games when he has been one of the best players on this pitch to be honest with you.

I find him infuriating to watch as I always feel he wants too much time on the ball and is going to lose it. His passing at times is also atrocious. Physically he looks the part and when he is on his game he does ok but he is way too prone to lapses in concentration and is often the root of us finding ourselves under pressure due to him losing the ball in our own half or playing a poor pass.

Frightening thing is that he is never going to be too far away from our first 11 as we don’t really have options. The others centre mids lack a physical presence.

I'd agree that the bad games far outweigh the good ones. But I do remember the first few games after Garde came in, he was praised for his performances, to the point that some used it as another stick to beat our former Manager, blaming his previous poor performance on the fact he was not playing in his natural DM position. 

As you say, his inconsistency in infuriating and I'm not his biggest fan. But I maintain the point that he has, albeit sparingly, looked like there is a very good player in there somewhere. 

1 hour ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

He's had some decent games, but I always feel that he's a liability. His passing is poor, and the worst thing is that he often gives the ball away in dangerous positions, setting the opposition on an attack. He also struggles with the pace and seems to lack awareness of those around him, I've seen him being dispossessed far too cheaply too often. 

I just don't think he's suited to this league. 

Have to agree with this my feelings exactly. Might be good as a sub to defend your lead for 30-20 minutes for 90 minutes he is a complete liability. I think Remi has identified this come January

Still hasn't adjusted the pace of the Premier League. Wants far too much time on the ball. 

The amount of times I've turned to my gf, or her dad, or one of my mates and said 'this is the same guy who has shut down Messi and Neymar in the past!' after he's done something stupid is getting out of hand.

5 minutes ago, Zatman said:

you say that but the goal at least he would have been covering around the box. defence looked hopelessly bare 

Maybe but then he'd have probably gifted them a goal with a mistake! 

I'd rather a youth team player in the team ahead of Sanchez

40 minutes ago, clayton8321 said:

Bwahaha.. Funny how he leaves and West Ham looks like Barcelona on the attack and score.

Looked better without him IMO

Â