Carlos Sanchez

ArteSuave

Our players showcasing why we were relegated. Across the Copa and Euros... Well done lads. Well done. Guess what world? their our ' good international players'.. you should see the rest of them.

#massiveclearoutisneeded

It was the most retarded sending off I have ever seen. Wasn't even a foul. 

He was one of the only Colombian players trying the first half of the match. Nearly scored a goal with an excellent Volley. 

I'm thinking a move back to France or Italy would be best for him. 

http://7500toholte.sbnation.com/2016/6/23/12011702/carlos-sanchez-staying-at-aston-villa-copa-america-centenario

Carlos Sánchez says he's staying at Villa in exclusive interview

Sánchez's national team is in action again, taking on the United States and Villa teammate Brad Guzan for third place at Copa América Centenario this Saturday. The curly haired midfielder will miss out due to a fresh suspension, although Tim Howard may replace Guzan anyway, as Howard hasn't played so far in this tournament.

I caught up with Sánchez after the match, and asked him about his future with Aston Villa. It was a very brief chat, but he was the only player from either team to answer any questions in English on the way to the team bus. Here's what he had to say.

Jack Grimse: "Carlos, do you think you’re staying at Aston Villa this summer?"

Carlos Sánchez: "Yeah, after the Copa America I will go to Aston Villa, because that’s my team. I have two years (of my) contract with that, so I need to be back."

JG: "Are you excited, with the new ownership and manager coming in, do you think that is a new chance for you?"

CS: "Yeah, because it’s a new start. So I’m very excited."

Admittedly it wasn't much, but it sounds like he may be sticking around, if only because there isn't another team out there that can offer him a better contract. Sánchez isn't the only Villa player hoping for a fresh start under Roberto Di Matteo as the Tony Xia era begins in Birmingham.

The full interview audio can be heard on the next episode of the Holtecast.

Are you happy that Sánchez is likely to stick around B6? Let us know in the comments!

30 minutes ago, Barney_avfc said:

http://7500toholte.sbnation.com/2016/6/23/12011702/carlos-sanchez-staying-at-aston-villa-copa-america-centenario

Carlos Sánchez says he's staying at Villa in exclusive interview

Sánchez's national team is in action again, taking on the United States and Villa teammate Brad Guzan for third place at Copa América Centenario this Saturday. The curly haired midfielder will miss out due to a fresh suspension, although Tim Howard may replace Guzan anyway, as Howard hasn't played so far in this tournament.

I caught up with Sánchez after the match, and asked him about his future with Aston Villa. It was a very brief chat, but he was the only player from either team to answer any questions in English on the way to the team bus. Here's what he had to say.

Jack Grimse: "Carlos, do you think you’re staying at Aston Villa this summer?"

Carlos Sánchez: "Yeah, after the Copa America I will go to Aston Villa, because that’s my team. I have two years (of my) contract with that, so I need to be back."

JG: "Are you excited, with the new ownership and manager coming in, do you think that is a new chance for you?"

CS: "Yeah, because it’s a new start. So I’m very excited."

Admittedly it wasn't much, but it sounds like he may be sticking around, if only because there isn't another team out there that can offer him a better contract. Sánchez isn't the only Villa player hoping for a fresh start under Roberto Di Matteo as the Tony Xia era begins in Birmingham.

The full interview audio can be heard on the next episode of the Holtecast.

Are you happy that Sánchez is likely to stick around B6? Let us know in the comments!

Well, I think he's turd but hopefully under good management and at a lower level he'll be competent at least.

When you give him the ball and time, he is brilliant at hitting the 30-40 yard pass to transition into a quick and dangerous attack.  One of his first touches for us (reference above) did that.  He does it consistently for Columbia.  There's one big problem.  Premier league teams (and I assume championship teams) rarely give a deep sitting midfielder the ball and time.

In international play he gets more time because the opposition is typically more concerned with Carlos Bacca and James Rodriguez than they are with, say.... Rudy Gestede or Flabby.

Now if we could just get the opponents to give him that time with the ball, he would be spectacular.....

I'll take sanchez all day in the championship.

I personally don't think he needs to be part of the clear out, he wasn't exactly a dissenting voice last season, as far as I can see he just kept his head down and tried to play football.

• Like 4

53 minutes ago, AVFCDAN said:

I'll take sanchez all day in the championship.

I personally don't think he needs to be part of the clear out, he wasn't exactly a dissenting voice last season, as far as I can see he just kept his head down and tried to play football.

Whilst I'm not against Sanchez I'm seeing more and more frequent use of variations on the phrase 'do a good job in the Championship'.

The Teams that get promoted from the Championship tend to fare reasonably well in the Premier League - better than we fared the last 3 years.  I think the standard needed for promotion is higher than some(not you necessarily of course ) think, and RDM will have his work cut out forging a squad that can do it. I don't think we/he can look at our poor players from last year and think they will be ok.

2 hours ago, osmark86 said:

Don't mind him staying either, but he needs to adjust his pace more and toughen up. Also, please no more of those suicidal mistakes deep in our half.

That's the thing, even in some of his better performances for us there's always one suicidal ball he plays across the defence about 20 yards from goal.

No idea what it is lack of concentration or just gets casual.

Just now, VillaChris said:

That's the thing, even in some of his better performances for us there's always one suicidal ball he plays across the defence about 20 yards from goal.

No idea what it is lack of concentration or just gets casual.

Aye, it is such a shame too because it's generally been very costly for us and inspires absolutely no confidence.

HIs inability to pass the ball in the premier league will still be an inability to pass the ball in the champo. This does matter as opposed to the romantic notions of a Tuesday night in Sheffield, the technical standard of football there is ok and I'd be surprised to see us make a promotion charge with Sanchez being Sanchez.

3 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

needs to toughen up abit i think. can see westwood going and sanchez staying

That would be absolutely the wrong call.  For all Westwood's (oft discussed) faults - he's good at retaining possession and being someone to play through.  Sanchez offers... well, nothing really.

Seems like a great guy though.

Â