Carlos Sanchez

ArteSuave

7 hours ago, Czechlad said:

I thought he had a good game today. He is best served in a limited defensive mid role with proper midfielders around him. He needs midfielder who actually want to ball coming to him. Far too often Sanchez gets the ball and is forced to make a difficult pass. But then sometimes he forces passes on his own accord. I like him though. Crazy how badly this signing turned out though. Honestly thought we got him for a steal after the world cup. He was arguably the best DM in the tournament. 

Spot on! He makes a few mistakes but no more than the rest of the shite, when he's in the team he is forced to try something because no one else wants the ball. As you say, this is a player who has played with and against the worlds elite and more often than not comes out on top, marked Neymar, Messi etc out the game for Columbia. He hasn't worked out well for us but is a world away from dross like westwood etc. If we played to his strengths he might've proved a decent signing

Was the only one that did anything of note for us yesterday, the only player in our squad that knows how to defend

29 minutes ago, commander said:

Spot on! He makes a few mistakes but no more than the rest of the shite, when he's in the team he is forced to try something because no one else wants the ball. As you say, this is a player who has played with and against the worlds elite and more often than not comes out on top, marked Neymar, Messi etc out the game for Columbia. He hasn't worked out well for us but is a world away from dross like westwood etc. If we played to his strengths he might've proved a decent signing

Was the only one that did anything of note for us yesterday, the only player in our squad that knows how to defend

More often than not he comes out on top. Yes, that's why he plays for Aston Villa. I am starting to think his performances for Columbia are a myth to be honest.

3 hours ago, rodders0223 said:

More often than not he comes out on top. Yes, that's why he plays for Aston Villa. I am starting to think his performances for Columbia are a myth to be honest.

They are not a myth. I get to see some of the games here live on TV and he has been excellent. Was given man of match against Brazil or Argentina (I forget which one). He sat deep and broke everything up. I just don't know what happens at times for Villa. I will not be unhappy if he is still here next season.

Edited by Texas_Mike

38 minutes ago, Texas_Mike said:

They are not a myth. I get to see some of the games here live on TV and he has been excellent. Was given man of match against Brazil or Argentina (I forget which one). He sat deep and broke everything up. I just don't know what happens at times for Villa. I will not be unhappy if he is still here next season.

I would rather keep any other of our central midfielders over Sanchez.

5 hours ago, DCJonah said:

Westwood was much better than him or Gana yesterday.

I dont think him and Gana can play in same midfield but its no coincidence that when Sanchez plays teams dont run riot through the centre of the pitch

• Like 1

While he may play well for his country every now and again, I feel if he really was a good midfielder he wouldn't have spent the last 9 seasons playing for piss poor teams in Europe. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, a m ole said:

I've never seen those Neymar and Messi games but it feels like people who bring it up haven't either.

I have and he was very good in both games but big difference between playing with good midfielders and clowns like Gana, Delph and Westwood

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Zatman said:

I have and he was very good in both games but big difference between playing with good midfielders and clowns like Gana, Delph and Westwood

Surely his own ability is based on, y'know, his own ability?

(and he's **** garbage)

10 hours ago, Zatman said:

This argument is laughed off in other threads, so I see no reason why it should be accepted in here.

Edited by Stevo985

Sanchez was dreadful on Saturday. It's the first time I've been to Villa Park this season I was shocked how bad he was when watching live. I don't know if was a particularly bad game, or if he just doesn't look as bad on TV, but in the flesh he was shockingly bad. Constantly gave the ball away, did nothing else. 

Perhaps he was so good in those games as he was given a single purpose, albeit man-marking two of the best players in the world, so the affect of his decision making is somewhat limited, as when given time to think especially on the ball he is consistently dreadful. Or perhaps they were just a complete anomaly, either way he is utter crap for us. 

1 hour ago, bobzy said:

Surely his own ability is based on, y'know, his own ability?

(and he's **** garbage)

Yeah not sure him having "piss poor" players around him render him incapable of making a simple pass, or not giving the ball away (literally passing to opposition on several occasions). Irony is in his first game for us I saw him make a Xavi esque pass and thought "bloody hell I did not know he had that in his locker". It's all been downhill from there, he has been astoundingly shite.

Â