Ki Sung-yueng

OkoreLoveChild

I'm travelling at the moment and there's a South Korean guy in my hostel who seems to believe Ki has left Swansea but doesn't know where he's going. Limited English but I'm guessing he's getting info from Korean football sites that might be making it up or might know more from Ki's side?

The way it's fizzled out it looked to me like this was dead but thought I'd share anyways

I'm travelling at the moment and there's a South Korean guy in my hostel who seems to believe Ki has left Swansea but doesn't know where he's going. Limited English but I'm guessing he's getting info from Korean football sites that might be making it up or might know more from Ki's side?

The way it's fizzled out it looked to me like this was dead but thought I'd share anyways

There is no news about Ki in South Korea. but many people think he will leave Swansea in this window.

If we are after Ki (which seems likely, as all the papers are reporting it), I hope he's not waiting for another team to make an offer because of how far we have fallen. When average Prem players start to be wary of joining us because of the ownership/funds issues, then we're really in trouble.

No.

I'd say Swansea will probably sell him for 4m so insulting if we were only bidding around the 2m mark.

Edit: In our defence though I'd be surprised if he's sniffy about joining us. I know we're a shambles...but this is a bloke who a year ago was happy to join the madhouse at Sunderland under PDC who were in a worse state than us which was reflected by their start to the season.

If he has better offers from abroad fair enough.

Edited by VillaChris
  • Like 1

This one is dead in the water I'm afraid folks.

I fully expected this deal to happen last week despite the lack of speculation on it as things were seemingly agreed with Swansea but we couldn't meet the players wage demands. Not that they were excessive by PL standards or that they should be out of our reach but that is the major obstacle for Lambert with this or any signing.

We still need a another midfielder in my view so back to the drawing board I guess.

This one is dead in the water I'm afraid folks.

I fully expected this deal to happen last week despite the lack of speculation on it as things were seemingly agreed with Swansea but we couldn't meet the players wage demands. Not that they were excessive by PL standards or that they should be out of our reach but that is the major obstacle for Lambert with this or any signing.

We still need a another midfielder in my view so back to the drawing board I guess.

**** off Lerner,

• Like 2

Depends how much  "not excessive by PL standards" is.

50k a week isn't excessive by PL standards, but if he was asking for that, I can understand why we wouldn't offer him that. 

But if it were 30k a week then I'm well pissed off. 

Edited by PieFacE
  • Like 1