Ki Sung-yueng

OkoreLoveChild

Ki was very good last season for a pretty bad Sunderland side. Vastly underrated in my opinion. We should be paying him whatever wages he wants as long as it doesn't exceed 50k.

At 50k, he is making 2.6 million pounds a season. Then with a 3-4 million transfer fee, that brings us up to 5.6-6.6 million spent. Lambert would still have 3.4-4.4 to spend on a loaned player's wages.

Giving players high wages that didn't deserve it got us into this mess. Ki wasn't really wanted at Swansea and if he was that good Sunderland would have been in for him. Not saying he wouldn't do a job tho.

People on here put too much faith in figures quoted in the papers, if we really had exactly £10 million at this point that equates to roughly £190000 per week, so why don't we try to loan a very good cplayer for that value? It's because the figures are generally bogus and it's pointless trying to speculate what Lambert really has to spend and how the club decide what the spend is for (transfers alone or including wages and new contracts).

On another note... PLEASE SIGN ANYBODY, I'M BORED.

Were just like Wigan at the minute a club that was being run like it did not deserve to be in the premier league

I remember people on here likening them to a turd that refused to flush they did in the end as will we if we continue to be run like a pisspot club

If were unwilling to pay a player we desperately need to stay in the division a competitive wage package we may as well give up

Edited by AshVilla

I think he's a decent player but I honestly don't think he'd improve our midfield much. We need a big, strong DM sitting deep to break up the play more than anything else and Ki isn't that. I'd rather we spent what little money we have on a CDM. 

I'm not all that gutted by this collapsing, but it is worrying that we can't even met this calibre of player's demands.

• Like 1

In a way it's frustrating...

In another way, why the **** should we give £50,000 to a player who has accomplished **** all?

£50,000 a week! Just think about how much money that is...

**** this guy, let him rot on the Swansea bench. 

**** footballers.. :angry:

In another way, why the **** should we give £50,000 to a player who has accomplished **** all?

Who said he wanted £50,000?

Calm down,.

Calm down,.

Czechlad said we should give him anything up to £50,000.. my mistake! :D

Either way, he's average, but we do need a CAM at the moment, so I guess that's why people are annoyed.

We have a CAM in Joe Cole. Yes, he's probably going to spend the season on the physio table, but I really think we should make a CDM tank our priority. We are so weak in midfield it's unreal.

I can't believe that the lack of movement off the ball in our midfield hasn't been addressed yet. I was hoping having Keane come in would do that, but no signs so far in pre-season. 

Calm down,.

Czechlad said we should give him anything up to £50,000.. my mistake! :D

Either way, he's average, but we do need a CAM at the moment, so I guess that's why people are annoyed.

Maybe he is average, I think he is slightly above that, but  he would have been a step up on what we have, so am quite dissapointed.

I know what you mean...footballers, eh? Expecting the mighty Villa to pay the same wages as any other premier league club would do? Don't they realise we're "special"?

I think we should try running a club without any footballers.

Oh, hang on, we already are...

Edited by briny_ear