Ki Sung-yueng

OkoreLoveChild

In a way it's frustrating...

In another way, why the **** should we give £50,000 to a player who has accomplished **** all?

£50,000 a week! Just think about how much money that is...

**** this guy, let him rot on the Swansea bench. 

**** footballers.. :angry:

I know what you mean...footballers, eh? Expecting the mighty Villa to pay the same wages as any other premier league club would do? Don't they realise we're "special"?

I think we should try running a club without any footballers.

Oh, hand on, we already are...

HA! you said hand on instead of hanG on!

I knew it was a ruse all along! <_<

This one is dead in the water I'm afraid folks.

I fully expected this deal to happen last week despite the lack of speculation on it as things were seemingly agreed with Swansea but we couldn't meet the players wage demands. Not that they were excessive by PL standards or that they should be out of our reach but that is the major obstacle for Lambert with this or any signing.

We still need a another midfielder in my view so back to the drawing board I guess.

Depressing :(

I fully expected this deal to happen last week despite the lack of speculation on it as things were seemingly agreed with Swansea but we couldn't meet the players wage demands. Not that they were excessive by PL standards or that they should be out of our reach but that is the major obstacle for Lambert with this or any signing.

We still need a another midfielder in my view so back to the drawing board I guess.

I wonder what his demands were and how it compared to other higher earners at the Club. I don't think Lerner (or whoever is employed to make these decisions) has learnt anything from the past two seasons and seriously thinks we'll be fine without further investment. Just another example of how detached he has come from the club and probably English football altogether in my opinion.

Edit: or this is type of restriction unavoidable when a business is up for sale?

Edited by Vive_La_Villa

Depends entirely on facts and figures here. Unless we know how much he wanted, it's immaterial to speculate based on something that may or may not be true from Trent.

It is but I'm not going to lose any sleep if you wish to dismiss it.

• Like 3

In a way it's frustrating...

In another way, why the **** should we give £50,000 to a player who has accomplished **** all?

£50,000 a week! Just think about how much money that is...

**** this guy, let him rot on the Swansea bench. 

**** footballers.. :angry:

I know what you mean...footballers, eh? Expecting the mighty Villa to pay the same wages as any other premier league club would do? Don't they realise we're "special"?

I think we should try running a club without any footballers.

Oh, hand on, we already are...

HA! you said hand on instead of hanG on!

I knew it was a ruse all along! <_<

Crikey, you read your posts fast! I corrected this about 30 seconds after I posted it.

Come to think of it, though, "hand on" may be the better way to describe our club in 2014/5.  ;)

Lambert has had along time now to address the midfield problem

He has failed the same can be said for the left back problem

I think he has clearly tried but anything above £30k a week seems beyond his budget. It makes it tough. I think if he was backed to get half the players he's tried to sign we'd be a decent team. Just really disappointing, the sooner new owners come in the better (pointing out the bleeding obvious I know).

I think he has clearly tried but anything above £30k a week seems beyond his budget. It makes it tough. I think if he was backed to get half the players he's tried to sign we'd be a decent team. Just really disappointing, the sooner new owners come in the better (pointing out the bleeding obvious I know).

Pity our manager has elected to offer a sizable chunk of that to Joe Cole to keep our physio company for the year!

Depends entirely on facts and figures here. Unless we know how much he wanted, it's immaterial to speculate based on something that may or may not be true from Trent.

No need to get upset now - I'm not dismissing it, I'm just saying that if we do choose to believe it there is a leap of faith involved because it's not really possible to verify it. Same with any other source of information that remains confidential. 

Depressing :(

Not surprising though really is it

No need to get upset now - I'm not dismissing it, I'm just saying that if we do choose to believe it there is a leap of faith involved because it's not really possible to verify it. Same with any other source of information that remains confidential. 

I'm not, I'm struggling to see how you conclude I was based on my previous post.

As others have stated he would offer something new to our midfield and be an improvement on what we have, but he would not be the piece that transformed our midfield into a working unit imo. Unless he can transform himself into a Busquets type player role.

By all accounts we have very little money available for transfers, so the money we have must be spent on a holding midfielder (and a technical wide player if we are to continue with the 4-3-3).

Too bad Gary Medel went to Internazionale on loan, he would have been perfect (even thou i would prefer we signed someone with a bit of hight to him).

Pity our manager has elected to offer a sizable chunk of that to Joe Cole to keep our physio company for the year!

Have you seen Joe Cole's contract then?

I'd prefer to want to come here, though......not just as the last alternative to get out of Swansea.

Well i'd prefer players who are decent and are a bit intelligent.  If you want to come here you must be mad