Roy Keane

TrentVilla

Hated him as a player mainly cause of that tackle that ended Alf inge hålands career, but he certainly is a big name in football and this might not be such a bad idea.

Will get alot of respect from the players.

It was Alfe's other knee that ended his career. that and the fact he was an utter dross footballer.

I actually think this will be good for Villa,  it's a kneejerk reaction saying Keane will be no good. He must have gained so much from playing for SAF I actually think he will make a pretty decent assistant and I think the players will respond to him.

Certainly a step up from Culverhouse and Karsa, I had never heard of Karsa before he came to Villa and Culverhouse was a shit player so its no suprise he turned out to be a shit coach

• Like 1

Keane was brutalised by the media at the Euros last time Ireland were there, he was simply saying that the performances were undeserving of the support, and the fans deserve something to sing about, but the media turned it around to say he was saying the fans weren't good enough.

I'm actually OK with this. He talks a lot of sense on the tele and he won't hold back in telling the players how shit they are :lol:

I don't think he does though.

He just gauges the popular opinion amongst the host, pundits, crowd, whatever and then says the opposite.

He is mentally unbalanced.

I'm actually OK with this. He talks a lot of sense on the tele and he won't hold back in telling the players how shit they are :lol:

they could just log on here and go into their individual thread if they want to know that ;)

I don't think he does though.He just gauges the popular opinion amongst the host, pundits, crowd, whatever and then says the opposite.He is mentally unbalanced.
Should get an account on here then. He'll fit right in! Edited by Ingram85

On one hand people seem to think Keane will be a good motivator and add some steel and fight to the players.

One the other hand people think Keane will be a divisive character who will alienate the players.

I can see both sides of the argument. But how can we find out who's right

Only one thing for it........FIIIIIIIIIGGGGGHHHHHHTTTTTTTT

I actually think this will be good for Villa,  it's a kneejerk reaction saying Keane will be no good. He must have gained so much from playing for SAF I actually think he will make a pretty decent assistant and I think the players will respond to him.

Certainly a step up from Culverhouse and Karsa, I had never heard of Karsa before he came to Villa and Culverhouse was a shit player so its no suprise he turned out to be a shit coach

Listening to that Keane/Viera thing he did, he didn't seem to rate Alex that highly. That, or he certainly knows how to hold a grudge.

Listening to that Keane/Viera thing he did, he didn't seem to rate Alex that highly. That, or he certainly knows how to hold a grudge.

There is no way in the world he hasn't picked up a thing opr two from his time at OT. I think the players will have more respect for Roy than Culverhouse

There is no way in the world he hasn't picked up a thing opr two from his time at OT. I think the players will have more respect for Roy than Culverhouse

you would hope that to be the case.

i think that because we have a young squad the will respect him since they grew up watching him kick lumps out of other teams

maybe that will help our midfield.

i dont think delph needs any encouragment for a tackle but the rest could learn a thing or 2 from keano

you would hope that to be the case.

i think that because we have a young squad the will respect him since they grew up watching him kick lumps out of other teams

maybe that will help our midfield.

i dont think delph needs any encouragment for a tackle but the rest could learn a thing or 2 from keano

Keane clearly hates Ferguson, and in his defence he has said if he had the choice he wouldn't do that Keane & Vieira thing again. That being said i think there is a tonne of respect behind that hate, when Keane was a manager Ferguson loaned him numerous players the likes of Johnny Evans, he wouldn't have done that if he didn't think Keane would be good for his career, as well as selling him a nice few. You can understand the hate, Keane was a great player for United and deserved to exit in the manner that Giggs & Vidic did this year but instead was booted out the back door after saying what everyone else was thinking.

Certainly worked for Alex Mcleish!

Having read Fergie's last book it sounds like Keano struggles with his interpersonal skills. 

Cascarino recently said he's brilliant tactically but can't talk to players. 

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/27661727

"

Celtic: Man-management Keane's downfall, says Tony Cascarino

Roy Keane could not refuse Celtic if he is offered the manager's job, according to former team-mate Tony Cascarino.

Keane, 42, is a strong candidate to succeed Neil Lennon, having met with majority shareholder Dermot Desmond.

But Cascarino, who played for Celtic between 1991 and 1992, thinks his old Republic of Ireland colleague has to alter his approach to man-management.

"One thing Roy really needs to change is how he manages people," Cascarino told BBC Scotland.

"He sometimes takes things a bit too far with individuals and takes things a little too personally with them."

Following Keane's "informal chat" with Desmond, Celtic chief executive Peter Lawwell confirmed the former Manchester United captain is one of "five to 10" people being considered.

After spells in charge at Sunderland and Ipswich, Keane has been assistant to Republic of Ireland boss Martin O'Neill since last November.

"I've always seen Roy as more of a number one than an assistant," said Cascarino, who played alongside Keane for eight years with Ireland.

"He's a Celtic fan and I just think it's an opportunity he would not be able to resist.

"I was led to believe at the end of last week that it's basically a done deal, so I can only see Roy being the new Celtic manager."

_75242634_808513%281%29.jpg

Cascarino spent the 1991-92 season with Celtic

Keane played 13 times for Celtic before retiring in 2006.

He joined Sunderland as manager just over two months later and took them from 23rd in the Championship to the title. However, his second season as a top-flight boss ended with him leaving the club while they were in the relegation zone.

In April 2009 he joined Ipswich, but was sacked 20 months later.

"His times at Sunderland were fantastic at the start and then there were problems," added Cascarino. "He bought and sold lots and lots of players and that continued at Ipswich.

"Working under Martin O'Neill and having time out from football - with that fear of not being involved in the game - I hope would have made a change in Roy in the way he deals with people. That's been his downfall.

"It was well documented at Sunderland and Ipswich that players would be sent off to the reserves for three weeks and wouldn't be heard of or spoken to, but then suddenly reappear after a couple of defeats.

"That type of management just can't exist in the modern game. I don't think you can get away with it.

"And I don't think he would try that at Celtic. I think he would use everybody, knowing what he has done before and that management is about getting the best out of people."

He should fit right in to our backroom staff.

Edited by Agbonla-score

Â