Roy Keane

TrentVilla

I'm not really against this appointment, I have doubts over what impact any assistant manager could have with our current circumstances but that's different.

Under other circumstances I may well have been excitied by this appointment. But while Lerner is here no decisions are part of a long term strategy or part of a real ambition for us to be successful. Personal coming into the club are being brought in to give us a slightly better chance of surviving and keeping the owners investment in the league and available for sale. There's just nothing to get excited about over that.

Despite being a multi millionaire sporting icon who won just about everything in the game, he seems to hate everything and everyone. Certainly not the sort of person I would want coming in to a club that has already had a problem with bullying.

The only quotes I can see about Roy being a bully come from a man who doesn't like him, a certain Sir Alex Ferguson. I'm sure his views on bullying are great.

David_Beckham-eye_1739314c.jpg

Why would Keane rule himself out of the running to manage Celtic so he can be an Assistant at VIlla?

He can be assistant at VIlla, Stay on with Ireland and still work for ITV.

He didnt want the Celtic job as he didnt want to take a pay cut

Why would Keane rule himself out of the running to manage Celtic so he can be an Assistant at VIlla?

He can be assistant at VIlla, Stay on with Ireland and still work for ITV.

He didnt want the Celtic job as he didnt want to take a pay cut

I am pretty sure that was tongue in cheek.

This whole thing has really come out of the left field. I'm dubious about it actually being Keane based on the fact that it stems from the Mirror.

However, it seems to be gaining traction and was the main running story on the radio here in Ireland.

I'm still annoyed about his behaviour at the 2002 WC, I accept that the FAI were at fault but Keane left everyone else on the team who were in the same mess as he was. He could have approached the issue in a more appropriate manner.

This does not display leadership qualities and shows him to be reactionary and irrational, maybe he has matured, maybe not.

I get the feeling that a few lads won't appreciate having Keane around as I'd imagine he's a bit of a ball buster in training, which is probably what we need right now. The main issue with this is that the squad is thin and we can't afford to have players falling out with coaches and missing out on starting games as a result.

I'm not against it and I'm willing to see how it pans out. We could do a lot worse than Keane as an assistant to Lambert.

This whole thing has really come out of the left field. I'm dubious about it actually being Keane based on the fact that it stems from the Mirror.

However, it seems to be gaining traction and was the main running story on the radio here in Ireland.

I'm still annoyed about his behaviour at the 2002 WC, I accept that the FAI were at fault but Keane left everyone else on the team who were in the same mess as he was. He could have approached the issue in a more appropriate manner.

This does not display leadership qualities and shows him to be reactionary and irrational, maybe he has matured, maybe not.

I get the feeling that a few lads won't appreciate having Keane around as I'd imagine he's a bit of a ball buster in training, which is probably what we need right now. The main issue with this is that the squad is thin and we can't afford to have players falling out with coaches and missing out on starting games as a result.

I'm not against it and I'm willing to see how it pans out. We could do a lot worse than Keane as an assistant to Lambert.

I think we need a ball buster in training, after the number of bollocks displays the players put in last year they all need a kick up the arse

He is exactly what the team needs. A winner. Tired of our team being a bunch of soft pussys tired of teams coming to villa park and just walking over us. Players like gabby will get the reality check they need.

• Like 1

I think we need a ball buster in training, after the number of bollocks displays the players put in last year they all need a kick up the arse

I'd be inclined to agree, but as I said the problem is that having someone like that could isolate a few players who don't react well to it and since the squad is thin it's very risky.

At this point in time it's a double edged sword, it could work a treat or a few key players could fall out of favour as a result of reacting badly to it (for some reason Lowton comes to mind with his whole refusing to move closer to BMH fiasco)

• Like 1

Matt Holland was talking about the positive impact Keane had on the Irish team and that the players were full of praise for his contribution. Maybe he's a better number 2 than he is a manager. I'm okay about his potential appointment as i think players like Gabby will have to up their game.

It would be a different matter if we were talking about him as a manager though.

Edited by Robbie09

A lot of nice guys around villa park and it's a family club and all that stuff - we arnt going to get anywhere in the current state - it's about time we had someone with some balls around the place and hopefully the mindset of players will change into that of winners rather than having a bunch of wet headless chickens running around the pitch thinking they are playing football.

I say bring it on!!

Edited by Tayls
  • Like 2

So we're recruiting someone who is essentially a bully, an individual who will no doubt upset our players and put the cat amongst the pigeons?

Good.

Go get 'em Roy.

Why is everyone so shocked about Senderos. Our owner wants to sell us and there is not a buyer in sight. We will lucky to even sign an International with about 10 years of Premier League experience even if he is as crap as Senderos. Did you really expect Lescott?

That's a bit like going into a shop to buy a kebab, realising you only have enough money for chips....then saying 'sod it, I'll have a lump of dogshit instead'.....
I'm probably in the minority but I still think he is much better than Clark and Baker. You don't make 84 appearances for Arsenal, be loaned by AC Milan and have 52 international caps if you are dog shit.

I saw him a few times for Valenica, believe me he is dogshit.

If he is dogshit what the hell does that make Clark and Baker?

Dog Diarrhoea

Like dogshit but less solid at the back

• Like 3

So we're recruiting someone who is essentially a bully, an individual who will no doubt upset our players and put the cat amongst the pigeons?

Good.

Go get 'em Roy.

Isn't this what Culverhouse and Karsa apparently got sacked for?

Good.

Go get 'em Roy.

Isn't this what Culverhouse and Karsa apparently got sacked for?

In honesty, I have no idea, i've not been in touch with the footballing world since Feb, so feel free to correct/enlighten me.

Bizarre appointment if true, would have thought a Premier League club would expect an assistant manager to be full time.

Not really in grand scheme of things, if your players are away on International duty then doubt you'd do much apart from work with the squad players.

Â