Roy Keane

TrentVilla

Cascarino changes like the bloody wind.

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11787/9336377

He added: "I'm surprised. Roy has, as we're led to believe, turned down the Celtic job. I, and many other people who have played with Roy will tell you, you initially see him as a number one. He's a very strong character, very determined.
"Obviously Sunderland and Ipswich went badly, he has sort of re-established himself as a number two and I think it's a great move for him to go to a number two for Villa and Ireland because I think Roy will become a manager, I can't see him staying as a number two over the long course.
"I think what he's doing is building his career again to be a number one and it's a real big learning curve for him."
On turning down the Celtic job, the forward added: "It's such a temptation, it's such a big club and he is a Celtic fan as a kid and he could have been tempted into going back into management.
"I think he's sat and thought long and hard about it and thought 'hey, I want to go with Ireland to the next Euros, I want to go and help a Premier League team and be an assistant to Paul Lambert' and I think that's the deciding factor."

As for Ferguson, i'd take his opinion with a pinch of salt, the guy who had handpicked Moyes, said to Randy, McLeish is your man. It's well known him and Roy Keane aren't on good terms, so he will try to paint him out to be the bad guy.

MON did say in an interview a few days back that Roy's future would be sorted by Wednesday and that as when the press were asking about the Celtic stuff. Maybe MON knew about the villa link and tomorrow is when it will be formally announced. Would make sense going by the press musings today, including Sky who have said he's moving a step closer etc....

One thing that he will bring is gravitas. 

We have nobody in the playing squad that the players can look up to; Keane may just be able to fill this void and give some of them a bit of motivation.

Edited by Nigel
  • Like 1

I literally can't think of a single ex pro or pundit that I would pay less attention to than Tony Cascarino. 

I can - Trevor Francis.

If Keane is appointed it will be interesting to see what impact he has on the development of both Westwood and Delph

I literally can't think of a single ex pro or pundit that I would pay less attention to than Tony Cascarino. 

Amen to that.

How he has made a career out of Broadcasting and Sports Journalism is beyond me.

The bloke can't string a coherent sentence together.

Amen to that.

How he has made a career out of Broadcasting and Sports Journalism is beyond me.

The bloke can't string a coherent sentence together.

Not more amazing than how he made a career out of football tbf.

I can - Trevor Francis.

If Keane is appointed it will be interesting to see what impact he has on the development of both Westwood and Delph

More staring players out, more fouling and more surrounding refs, probably

Nope would rather listen to Collymore or Francis than Cascarino.

Anyway... Back to Keane.

I think it's a little unfair to suggest those are the only unglued he can have on our midfielders, he was an extraordinarily good midfielder for many many years.

I just worry that Keane always seemed to have little patience with players who aren't as good as he was, and there are plenty of those here. The one bonus is that I really doubt he was the cheap option so maybe we will see some new money being spent.

I absolutely despised Keane in 2002 but time moves on and I think he has matured a lot as a man since. Hopefully he gives a few players a kick up the backside although the impact of an assistant manager is hardly going to be season changing

Â