Roy Keane

TrentVilla

I just worry that Keane always seemed to have little patience with players who aren't as good as he was, and there are plenty of those here. The one bonus is that I really doubt he was the cheap option so maybe we will see some new money being spent.

Lets be honest that includes every single one of our players!

Since watching the Viera and Keane documentary I've grown to like him. Decent pundit too. Told it how it was.

There's more positives that this is happening than negatives.

• Like 1

Since watching the Viera and Keane documentary I've grown to like him. Decent pundit too. Told it how it was.

There's more positives that this is happening than negatives.

I'd agree with that, he went up a lot in my estimations following that. Seemed a lot more mellow and controlled, like he'd seen what he had done wrong in the past.

I literally can't think of a single ex pro or pundit that I would pay less attention to than Tony Cascarino.

Gobby Cabbage ?

People seem to think naming various people will jog a memory of someone I've forgotten, I haven't. I meant what I posted.

So.... back to Keane...

Keane to me always comes across as very conceited and bitter. I think his personality could easily upturn our already shaky apple cart. Yes it may have an impact in the short term, but long term I can't see it working.

Don't know what his coaching is like but I have never heard that he is very technical, and that for me is what I feel our team needs more than anything.

If we are keeping lambert and adding to our coaching staff though, we could do a lot worse than Raymond Verheijen. Seemed to be doing a good with Gary Speed at Wales

What our team needs is new players. I don't care who our manager or coach's are at the end of the day the players are just not good enough and no amount of coaching or tactics is going to change that!

He's probably still good enough to get into our first team.

I just don't see this working, he doesn't seem to have the temperament and patience to deal with shite players (there's plenty of those here), he doesn't appear to be the best motivator either. 

That said, I quite like him, he's a character, it should be interesting to say the least, and I mean that in the same way a circus is interesting.

• Like 1

Already sacked 2 people for a bad attitude.

This guy admitted to trying to break the leg of another professional footballer, and his behaviour going home from a World Cup squad because someone stood up to him stinks.

I don't want this man anywhere near my club.

I would never want Roy Keane anywhere near our club.

He is hot-headed and creates disputes no matter where he is. He has failed as a manager wherever he has been, you can easily see that other pundits hate to sit next to him and he is basically always controversial. Imagine him being an assistant manager at Villa, he would create a huge polarization between the squad and undermine Lambert at the first opportunity he gets. That is written is stone to so speak.

Keane has no middle-ground, it's either this way or that, and he doesn't tolerate a single dispute. That's why he was a fantastic football in the middle of the ground, where he could basically fight with other players all day, but as a leader outside the pitch and as a manager, he will always fail miserably.

• Like 3

I can't believe the negative comments regarding Keane. The guy was a born leader and winner. I for one wouldn't mind a little of that rubbing off on some of our sorry bunch.

his behaviour going home from a World Cup squad because someone stood up to him stinks.

wasnt it the opposite of that?!

didn't he get sent home for standing up to the manager?

• Like 1

I have some pretty serious reservations about this to be honest.

1. we have just sacked two staff members for bullying and undermining of Paul Lambert.

Roy Keane was a fabulous player, but he has been a woeful manager, many of his players have put this down to his terrible man management. He has an acid tongue and does not hold back. He has little patience with poor players, so he will not be able to help himself at Villa.

He is also a competitive and ambitious bloke. Coming here does not make much sense other than if he smells a takeover and potential managers job, in which case it undermines lambert again.

I also don't understand why Lambert would want him in when he is trying to reassert himself to the squad after the farce at the end of last season. Anyone would struggle to be the no.1 with Keano around.

Only thing I can think of is if Lambert feels a lot of our squad are not putting the effort in and he feels an absolute monster bastard like Keane can whip them into shape?

Â