Roy Keane

TrentVilla

Yep for a season and then went downhill fast with both teams you mention. Hardly an endorsement of managerial ability.

Went down hill fast? Because a promoted side were in the relegation zone. Come on fella.

You've made a statement shown to be inaccurate, stop desperately trying to force events to fit your predetermined opinion.

• Like 4

I'm a little confused.

Does a manager not help to coach his team while on the training pitch from time to time or at the very least make the odd suggestion in how to play?

If not then what do they get paid for?

I'm a little confused.

Does a manager not help to coach his team while on the training pitch from time to time or at the very least make the odd suggestion in how to play?

yep. What's your point?

I'm a little confused.

yep. What's your point?

And why is it in this thread about the future assistant manager of the club?

After much consideration, concerns, and the assumption that Siralex didn't recommend him, then I reckon it's a good appointment. After recommending O'Dreary, The Djemba twins and McUseless I accept someone NOT recommended by the p*ssed up jock.

Yep for a season and then went downhill fast with both teams you mention. Hardly an endorsement of managerial ability.

Went down hill fast? Because a promoted side were in the relegation zone. Come on fella.

You've made a statement shown to be inaccurate, stop desperately trying to force events to fit your predetermined opinion.

I'm not Trenty. Just doing a little googling as per instructed and reporting what i've found which confirmed my former post to be incorrect so there's no need for me to force anything other than to report that he did leave Sunderland when they were in the relegation zone and he was sacked by Ipswich after getting them to 19th in the championship. 

Bloody hell so much debate over our potential number two just because he is famous. Whoever cared about a number two before?!?

I blame Lerner.

Well, being as though it was Culverhouse and Karsa that took the training sessions and some claiming they actually picked the team too, i would say it's pretty important. That's why people care.

Really? So what does Lambert actually do?

Perhaps you will find the answer in the thread all about him, this isn't it.

Surely the question is relevant so we can determine what Keane's role will be if fans feel the previous assistants did so much?

Anyway whoever will end up being number 2 will be the best from a number of potential candidates surely. Best cv, interview etc.

Edited by Amo69

I'm a little confused.

yep. What's your point?

I'm a little confused.

yep. What's your point?

I would have thought the point would have been obvious but obviously not.

We are talking about the merits of Roy Keane coming in as a coach/number two/motivator. I asked the question what does a manager do?

Does a manager have any influence on the training pitch? If he does then a manager should also be judged on his coaching ability to get the team playing well. Keane has had minimal success as a manager so why would he suddenly become a good coach or motivator when he hasn't consistently been that elsewhere through being a manager.

If you're telling me that Keane has had no input at all into coaching his other teams to play a system of his choice then fine.    

I thought Roy Keane was both a great footballer and an utter word removed.

I'm not sure what part of Mr Keane he will, on a part time basis, transmit to our (pretty poor) squad.

I wish any appointment well. This seems a stupid gamble (like McLeish's managerial appointment) - what level of abuse will the club get if things don't go well? Daft stuff.

I'm not sure what part of Mr Keane he will, on a part time basis, transmit to our (pretty poor) squad.

I wish any appointment well. This seems a stupid gamble (like McLeish's managerial appointment) - what level of abuse will the club get if things don't go well? Daft stuff.

It's not the clubs appointment. This is Lamberts choice

• Like 1

I'm a little confused.

yep. What's your point?

I'm a little confused.

yep. What's your point?

I would have thought the point would have been obvious but obviously not.

We are talking about the merits of Roy Keane coming in as a coach/number two/motivator. I asked the question what does a manager do?

Does a manager have any influence on the training pitch? If he does then a manager should also be judged on his coaching ability to get the team playing well. Keane has had minimal success as a manager so why would he suddenly become a good coach or motivator when he hasn't consistently been that elsewhere through being a manager.

If you're telling me that Keane has had no input at all into coaching his other teams to play a system of his choice then fine.

I wasn't.

I was simply replying to you saying he had never improved a team.

There are countless examples of good assistants being crap managers and vice versa.

There is quite clearly a difference in the jobs, so in my opinion, using a managerial record to predict how good someone will be as an assistant is extremely limited at best, especially a managerial career that is so short thus far.

It's not the clubs appointment. This is Lamberts choice

And who does Lambert work for?  :detect:

Confirmed on Sky Sports! :)

What is ?

That we are interested in hiring keane......or its done ?

Sorry, someone shouted upstairs to me he had agreed to come to Villa. Think they got their wires crossed.

Edited by sidcowans21

Â