Roy Keane

TrentVilla

The club continues to baffle me.. no idea if Keane will be great or a disaster. But I'm amazed that this points to the fact that Lambert will be staying under new owners.

I am sure Keane would not join for a two month gig so it points to the fact that they will be both here for the foreseeable.

I am amazed Lambert has kept his job after last season, yes he had no money etc but it was clear to everyone he had given up at the end of last season. I'm not prepared to accept that from a manager of our club.

Keane is a dreadful appointment IMO. What is he really going to add other then add a bit of fear into the players....they have enough of that playing at Villa Park as it is. 

They're too wrapped in cotton wool though. Lost to a league one team over 2 legs because they were bullied, they are due a big kick up the arse.

• Like 1

The club continues to baffle me.. no idea if Keane will be great or a disaster. But I'm amazed that this points to the fact that Lambert will be staying under new owners.

I am sure Keane would not join for a two month gig so it points to the fact that they will be both here for the foreseeable.

I am amazed Lambert has kept his job after last season, yes he had no money etc but it was clear to everyone he had given up at the end of last season. I'm not prepared to accept that from a manager of our club.

Or maybe it points to the fact that there are no new owners!

Keane is a dreadful appointment IMO. What is he really going to add other then add a bit of fear into the players....they have enough of that playing at Villa Park as it is. 

They're too wrapped in cotton wool though. Lost to a league one team over 2 legs because they were bullied, they are due a big kick up the arse.

Well I disagree, I think they are just poor players with an awful manager. The players really struggle passing the ball to each other, this is nothing to do with being wrapped up in cotton wool, shouting at them more certainly isn't going to fix it. We're poor at football because the coaching is obviously poor, the tactics are poor and ultimately, the players are poor. 

How Roy Keane is going to improve any of the above is beyond me. In fact, I think it's more likely to just have yet another negative impact on our season next year. 

Edited by PieFacE
  • Like 3

Well I disagree, I think they are just poor players with an awful manager. The players really struggle passing the ball to each other, this is nothing to do with being wrapped up in cotton wool, shouting at them more certainly isn't going to fix it. We're poor at football because the coaching is obviously poor, the tactics are poor and ultimately, the players are poor.

How Roy Keane is going to improve any of the above is beyond me. In fact, I think it's more likely to just have yet another negative impact on our season next year.

Couldn't agree more. I don't see what Keane can possibly do to improve the awful squad Lambert has put together.

I think its a very much a short-term thing. Keane has 2 other jobs as it is which he isn't giving up and he is friends with Lambert so think he is just coming in to give a hand until new owners come in

I'm delighted, I think he's exactly the kind of person we need at the club, a winner.

He's not the same "bully" type as he was as a player and also seems a lot calmer than when he was a manager.

I don't think players will fear him, but he'll make sure they don't give up like they did so many times last year.

• Like 1

Pete Colley has just been at SSN reporting from Villa Park saying its a done deal and he will become Lamberts assistant when he returns from America.

Orly?

Keane has also pulled out of ITV's World Cup coverage "to focus on coaching".

Personally, I think he's the sort of person we need. He may not have been the greatest manager, but he sure as hell was a great captain. He may scare the living shit out of our squad, but maybe it's what they need so that they don't balls up constantly. Maybe he can teach Westwood or Delph a thing or two about playing in holding midfield too.

As for him being "footballing cancer", if captaining a Utd side that won multiple Premier League titles, FA Cups and a Champion's League is footballing cancer, our squad is well and truly ****!

EDIT: Beaten to it. Twice. And by the guy I quoted.  :rant:

Edited by MessiWillSignForVilla

Seems nailed on then. Not sure what to make of it. What will he bring? Will there be another addition? What's does it mean if we get taken over? It poses more questions than answers. Hopefully Keane will stand up to Lambert a bit when he comes up with his formations as the other 2 didn't seem to do anything and for every good result against bigger teams there was 2 bad ones against lower teams. I'd still like an attacking coach of sorts as our movement is awful off the ball!

Â