Philippe Senderos

samjp26

Yeah, this one was very strange. Just to echo everyone else, was an underwhelming signing, but in the games he played I thought he was a warrior, had that real desire to win and we looked solid with him at the back. Reading between the lines and through unsubstantiated rumours, he was supposed to come back in the side, medical team said he was fit enough, he disagreed, so he got frozen out. Real damn shame.

On 3 January 2016 at 17:59, Demitri_C said:

You must be shite if you cant get ahead of lescott or clark on current form

Bizarre signing, played well for 4 games, got injured and never saw the pitch again. 

2 hours ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Never understood what happened with him, thought he actually did quite well for us! Strange one.

Wasnt their not talk that villa medics gave him the all clear over a year ago but he maintained he was still injured and didnt want to play.  Explain why he didnt get a squad number this season to

2 hours ago, Pilchard said:

Really bizarre. His form before injury was very, very good. A simple groin injury saw him out for half a season which seemed an awful long time then never seen again. Bizarre. Especially when looking at the shite that was played in front of him.

Another one off the wage bill though.

He actually got injured twice, first one on international duty with Swiss and came back for West Ham away as I was there and remember him coming on for Baker last few minutes.

And then he went off and got injured with Swiss team again so they have a lot to answer for.

14 hours ago, Pilchard said:

Really bizarre. His form before injury was very, very good. A simple groin injury saw him out for half a season which seemed an awful long time then never seen again. Bizarre. Especially when looking at the shite that was played in front of him.

Excluding Senderos while Villa had such horrendous problems in defence seemed like a very strange thing to do.

Seemed to be the result of the same big plan which has brought about the present disaster.

14 hours ago, Pilchard said:

His stay at the club is indeed bizarre although quite typical of how badly the club has been run. As for getting him off the wage bill, I have little doubt we would have had to pay off the remainder of his contract to get rid of him so there's only a saving for club if he joins another club between now and July.

3 hours ago, villa89 said:

His stay at the club is indeed bizarre although quite typical of how badly the club has been run. As for getting him off the wage bill, I have little doubt we would have had to pay off the remainder of his contract to get rid of him so there's only a saving for club if he joins another club between now and July.

If he was released by mutual consent I'm sure they came to some sort of deal on what we had to pay him. I doubt we paid off his contract entirely.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, NurembergVillan said:

Jiminy Crickets, he's signed for Grasshoppers!

He's pulled our pants down there. Rather than declare another club is interested and getting the club a fee or just leave on a free transfer, he's managed to relieve us several hundred grand or more before signing for them anyway.

The Villa circus rolls on.

Edited by Genie

4 hours ago, Genie said:

He's pulled our pants down there. Rather than declare another club is interested and getting the club a fee or just leave on a free transfer, he's managed to relieve us several hundred grand or more before signing for them anyway.

The Villa circus rolls on.

If it is true, than I applaud him. I would have done the same. The club loans one defender in Ilori and buys one in Crespo for the bench, while putting Senderos outside of the squad with zero chance to play for over four months. Why should he be loyal? Ironic that all three have departed this window (Crespo on loan, yes...).

• Like 1

Â