Philippe Senderos

samjp26

• 3 weeks later...

Baker was useless with Vlaar last season this will answer the has he really improved as a defender or is he only playing better because big phil organises the defence better than Vlaar arguement

Edited by AshVilla

Sigh.....every summer Lambert has signed one centre back....every season that has proved not to be enough....I don't know how much more obvious it can be really...

We have 5 first team centre backs, how many does he need to sign? It's not his fault we have bad luck with injuries.

Sigh.....every summer Lambert has signed one centre back....every season that has proved not to be enough....I don't know how much more obvious it can be really...

We have 5 first team centre backs, how many does he need to sign? It's not his fault we have bad luck with injuries.

As a number five is enough, but there are too many combinations that won't work and okore, while promising, is still unproven. At least I dont feel confident seeing any of these: clark-baker, clark-okore, okore-baker. So basically we need either vlaar or senderos always fit.

There is absolutely no suggestion that Vlaar is anywhere near return so unfortunately it looks like we have a return of the chuckle brothers

Has there actually been an announcement at all about Vlaar's fitness? Or is it just your personal pessimism?

I'm pretty sure I read somewhere that Vlaar will be back for the Everton game.

They're called injuries - ever heard of them? We've got enough CBs, the main problem is that Clark and Baker aren't really that good. Fact is although we only bought 1 CB this summer, we didn't sell any so we've got one more than we had last season. Weren't people complaining last season that we needed one more? We have one more now.

Edited by Mantis

Â