Philippe Senderos

samjp26

I wonder what odds you would get on him as any time scorer against Arsenal, I fancy a punt.

50/1 First or last goalscorer, 20/1 Anytime... 200/1 to score 2 or more goals, 500/1 Hatrick, 4/1 we keep a clean sheet, All Bet365, No markets for bookings just yet

Edited by Kingman

I wonder what odds you would get on him as any time scorer against Arsenal, I fancy a punt.

50/1 First or last goalscorer, 20/1 Anytime... 200/1 to score 2 or more goals, 500/1 Hatrick, 4/1 we keep a clean sheet, All Bet365, No markets for bookings just yet

9/1 First booking, 7/4 Anytime both Paddy Power.

I have just had a cheeky £2.50 on Senderos to score anytime and Villa win at 31/1. So that has cursed that then.

I had a feeling last week about Gabby celebrating his new contract with the winner at Liverpool, and was tempted with the same bet at 24/1 but didn't do it.

I know I'm late to the party with the Senderos love, but I can't believe what an inspired signing this is looking like.

I didn't know that much about him beyond ex-Arsenal Swiss defender then, and reading what a lot of people seemed to be saying made me think that he'd be a squad filler, best not seen on the actual pitch.

Then I watched a Switzerland WC game where a shocking blunder of his cost them a goal, and I thought "oh, boy, here we go...".

But apart from being pretty rock solid for us so far, what I love most about him is his Laursen-like intensity and passion. He'll never be the kind of defender that heads every ball clear over the the half way line like Laursen, but that intensity that Laursen brought was infectious, and it's something we haven't had in the team since that black day when he retired.

'

• Like 1

Had him each way first gs at 25/1 on skybet

How many places do they cover with the EW?

1/3 odds 5 places

You would be a lot better off with the value taking the 20/1 anytime mate.

7/1 on skybet

Go to a big firm then  ;)

• Like 1

I still get upset thinking about Martin Laursen, the man was a demi-god sent by robo-jesus.

Proper lion was our Martin... Only with us for a short stretch but made an impression on anyone that loves the Villa... If only, by some bending of the time-space continuum, he and McGrath could have been in the same team together... What a defense that would have been!

Â