Philippe Senderos

samjp26

In the past when we signed players a lot people thought were going to be rubbish I always had a feeling that they were going to prove everyone wrong but sadly that never seems to work out. Although those cats never played for Arsenal and AC Milan so all the best Philippe.

Welcome. Not sure how to feel. I really liked him as a defender before but that is some time ago. Either way, every player has clean slate when they come here for me. At least from a football perspective. UTV

I like this signing. Also as Okore is being hype to a level he is not at, imho (but we'll see next season). Welcome Philippe.....

Okores hype is spot on, you will see. Phillppe decent signing for where we are at right now.

The standard of players we've signed over the last few years has been very depressing. Another average at best premiership player added to the squad. The fact he probably does improve our squad is yet another reason to be depressed with the state of the club.

A 2 year deal puts further doubt on a takeover this summer.

Let's not start having a go before his even kicked a ball for us like sone have already might not be the signing we wanted but this is where we are right now

Let's not start having a go before his even kicked a ball for us like sone have already might not be the signing we wanted but this is where we are right now

Yeah I'm not going to have a go at senderos I'm annoyed with the state of the club. Are we still thanking Lerner?

Yeah I'm not going to have a go at senderos I'm annoyed with the state of the club. Are we still thanking Lerner?

Why are you still complaining about people thanking Lerner for certain aspects of his reign? Why does it bother you so much? Get a grip

• Like 1

I can't say I have followed Senderos's career studiously and have only had a passing interest but I would see him as a decent centre half. I have never thought when he was lining up either for Arsenal or Fulham against us that he was a real weak link and we'll get a few chances today. Logic would suggest that you don't get to play for Arsenal, Milan and Valencia whilst accumulating 52 caps and heading off to your third world cup if you are a poor player.

He is an improvement on Baker and Clark for me and adds a bit of experience which we clearly lack. Therefore the squad has been improved and given the state the club is currently in with regards the ownership I am not so sure we can expect much more.

• Like 1

Just saying can't afford big wages anymore not gonna pay high earners Our fans have been moaning about needing experience since Petrov & when we do moan

Edited by andykeenan

The standard of players we've signed over the last few years has been very depressing. Another average at best premiership player added to the squad. The fact he probably does improve our squad is yet another reason to be depressed with the state of the club.

A 2 year deal puts further doubt on a takeover this summer.

To be fair, we signed a lot of players of the same standard (if not lower) even when we were doing relatively well.

And no, I don't think a 2-year deal has any bearing on the takeover.

Â