Philippe Senderos

samjp26

In January, people were up in arms when we signed Holt. They were saying instead of signing a striker on the cheap on a short term contract, we should have used the wages to sign a centreback on similar terms because we lacked cover.

Remember that?

Doesn't mean those who were saying that should automatically accept whatever CB we sign.

No, but some perspective over our current situation would help, especially when signing a back-up centre back.

Just been told i'll be out of a job and my livelihood is on the line so i'll have to start looking for work after being in the job i'm in now for 6 years

When i thought life couldn't get any worse i noticed we signed Philippe Senderos

• Like 1

In January, people were up in arms when we signed Holt. They were saying instead of signing a striker on the cheap on a short term contract, we should have used the wages to sign a centreback on similar terms because we lacked cover.

Remember that?

Doesn't mean those who were saying that should automatically accept whatever CB we sign.

No, but some perspective over our current situation would help, especially when signing a back-up centre back.

I think most people are annoyed by our current situation. The fact we're in a position signing another average squad player is very annoying.

Remember that?

I think most people are annoyed by our current situation. The fact we're in a position signing another average squad player is very annoying.

Don't get me wrong BJ, I'm hardly enthralled at the situation, but until Randy departs and the new folks come in I'm expecting these types of signings.

I honestly doubt we'll see any players that would be earmarked for a starting berth, but I would love to be proven wrong. In the meantime, my expectation is that we'll sign players to bolster the squad and, as thus, I'm not shocked or appalled at the signing of Senderos.

Kinda makes sense, as I'd rather have Senderos / Vlaar or Senderos / Okore than seeing Baker in there so I deem it to be a logical sigining whilst we're in limbo.

Once new owners come in I expect better, but for now I believe these are the types of hands we'll be dealt.

I'm not that annoyed by signing an average player.

Its obviously a stop-gap just in case a takeover doesn't go through.

I think he'll be decent enough as back-up for a 10th-15th place team in the Premier League.

What?

You've completely changed your point.

My point is he's not a decent player. He's a bang average defender at best and that's why he's signed for a club like ours.
He is pretty average. I don't think anybody can deny that. He is just better than what we have.
Possibly. And again that fact is just depressing.

But you've just accepted that we're average.

Are you lowering your expectations?!?!£?!£?!"?£$"?$

Er no. Thats why I think its a disgrace that we're the state we're in.

What?

You've completely changed your point.

My point is he's not a decent player. He's a bang average defender at best and that's why he's signed for a club like ours.

Oh gawd, woe is us, doom and gloom jeezus man, can't you give it a rest for one page of posts?

It's the frickin summer, close season not even pre-season, if we're struggling come crimbo you're gonna end up topping yourself!!!

Oh sorry, I must be the only one who isn't over the moon about this..oh wait.

I've not been 'over the moon' about plenty of our signings in the past, and have been proved wrong so better just to see how it pans out.

I think we all agree he's better than baker so it has improved then squad which is probably about the best we can hope for this summer, marginal improvement

Sorry mate, you're only allowed to be either 'over the moon' or depressed/angry with everything.

You mock yet people who have expressed a negative opinion over this signing are again being questioned over it.

You can be what you like about it, it's just another signing that shows the level the owner has dragged us to.

I think his point is that you seem to think that anyone who is not utterly disgusted with something has to be very happy about it. There's no room for middle ground it seems. Lerner and Lambert are good examples. If you don't hate them and think everything they've done is wrong then you must love them.

Does it really though? As I keep on saying, we signed many players of this standard even when we were doing relatively well.

• Like 1

Like I hinted at above. 

In January we fans were crying out for defensive cover.

We don't have the money to be buying very good, established centrebacks when we've got 2 perfectly capable ones in Vlaar and Okore. The money needs to be spent elsewhere where we do need significant improvements.

What we need is someone who can play when Vlaar is inevitably injured.

I think that's what we've got in Senderos. No he's not the best CB in the world. But like I said we're not looking to buy a certain starter there. We're getting someone who can cover and provide competition. And with the money we have, i.e. nothing, we needed a fairly cheap option, which is what we've got.

• Like 3

Sorry mate, you're only allowed to be either 'over the moon' or depressed/angry with everything.

You mock yet people who have expressed a negative opinion over this signing are again being questioned over it.

You can be what you like about it, it's just another signing that shows the level the owner has dragged us to.

BJ, we are all aware of how you feel about the manager, and many will agree with you, many won't, but you keep on repeating the same thing in thread after thread, and it loses it's impact and lessens the value of your posts.

• Like 4

I think his point is that you seem to think that anyone who is not utterly disgusted with something has to be very happy about it. There's no room for middle ground it seems. Lerner and Lambert are good examples. If you don't hate them and think everything they've done is wrong then you must love them.

Does it really though? As I keep on saying, we signed many players of this standard even when we were doing relatively well.

I think you need to read posts again. It wasn't me who jumped on peoples opinion.

Like I hinted at above.

In January we fans were crying out for defensive cover.

We don't have the money to be buying very good, established centrebacks when we've got 2 perfectly capable ones in Vlaar and Okore. The money needs to be spent elsewhere where we do need significant improvements.

What we need is someone who can play when Vlaar is inevitably injured.

I think that's what we've got in Senderos. No he's not the best CB in the world. But like I said we're not looking to buy a certain starter there. We're getting someone who can cover and provide competition. And with the money we have, i.e. nothing, we needed a fairly cheap option, which is what we've got.

I agree. I also don't think there's many unhappy with the signing as just a signing. Most seem to be frustrated with the situation that sees these kind of signings being made.

Just to point out

We are a club with no money to spend 

We are a club who has had 4 relegation threatened seasons on the bounce

We are a club who's owner has said we are for sale

We are a club with no new owners yet on any radar it seems

We are a club who's expectations are no just surviving in this league and maybe aiming for mid table

We are a club who has been passed by the likes of Stoke and Southampton in terms of player investment

We are a club who still needs to shed wages from our expenditure

Bearing all that in mind , especially the ownership issue,  I am frankly amazed we have signed anyone.  But bearing that in mind what do you expect?

More curry sauce on my chips at half time?

I think you need to read posts again. It wasn't me who jumped on peoples opinion.

I think you need to read my post again. I wasn't talking about that, I was talking about your black and white approach to things. Just because somebody doesn't think Senderos is a bad signing doesn't mean they're over the moon with it, just like somebody who doesn't think Lerner is the worst owner ever who has done nothing good doesn't also think that he's fantastic and can do no wrong.

And there we go again.

I think you'd be hard pressed to find anyone who would say it's a good signing (with a straight face) but as with every other thread you're just using it as a platform to continue this pointless tirade against all things Villa currently.

If you're that pi55ed off with things why keep exposing yourself to it? I can't stand Sex in the City, so I don't expose myself to it, therefore I feel little need to complain about it, constantly.

• Like 3

Â