Philippe Senderos

samjp26

He very obviously is a premier league footballer (and a LaLiga one too). Just not a great one.

I said "looked like a Premier League footballer"...

Asked my mate who supports Fulham and he described Senderos as slow and makes a huge mistake every game!

However I don't think it is that bad a signing and I rate him as better than Clark and Baker so the squad has been improved IMO.

Welcome Phillipe - prove the doubters wrong.

• Like 1

What?

You've completely changed your point.

My point is he's not a decent player. He's a bang average defender at best and that's why he's signed for a club like ours.
He is pretty average. I don't think anybody can deny that. He is just better than what we have.

Possibly. And again that fact is just depressing.

But you've just accepted that we're average.

Are you lowering your expectations?!?!£?!£?!"?£$"?$

• Like 1

He wont look out of place alongside the likes of Baker,Clark, Bennett ,Lowton and Luna .I remember watching him play for Arsenal and he was bloody awful then .I read somewhere he has only played 20 games in each of the last three seasons.With our luck injury wise ,he is a cert to get injured

What?

My point is he's not a decent player. He's a bang average defender at best and that's why he's signed for a club like ours.

Oh gawd, woe is us, doom and gloom jeezus man, can't you give it a rest for one page of posts?

It's the frickin summer, close season not even pre-season, if we're struggling come crimbo you're gonna end up topping yourself!!!

• Like 2

sometimes certain players just settle and play well for certain teams im sure we would all like us to be able to spend millions and get an mazing centre back but from what i can see we are miles away from being sold and as far as free transfers go (which looks like the only business we can do) he is a decent signing.

I will not judge him until he plays for us i hope he proves a lot of people wrong plus i think he is gonna play quite regularly as okore is not just gonna hit the ground running he is gonna need time to get him to full fitness and adjusted to the prem.

He wont look out of place alongside the likes of Baker,Clark, Bennett ,Lowton and Luna .I remember watching him play for Arsenal and he was bloody awful then .I read somewhere he has only played 20 games in each of the last three seasons.With our luck injury wise ,he is a cert to get injured

Uck me pooligan! I'm really depressed now that's the back line from hell.

I suppose I ought to say "Welcome Philippe" but it's through gritted teeth.

What?

He is pretty average. I don't think anybody can deny that. He is just better than what we have.
Possibly. And again that fact is just depressing.

But you've just accepted that we're average.

Are you lowering your expectations?!?!£?!£?!"?£$"?$

Er no. Thats why I think its a disgrace that we're the state we're in.

What?

Oh gawd, woe is us, doom and gloom jeezus man, can't you give it a rest for one page of posts?

It's the frickin summer, close season not even pre-season, if we're struggling come crimbo you're gonna end up topping yourself!!!

Oh sorry, I must be the only one who isn't over the moon about this..oh wait.

In January, people were up in arms when we signed Holt. They were saying instead of signing a striker on the cheap on a short term contract, we should have used the wages to sign a centreback on similar terms because we lacked cover.

Remember that?

Sun was shining this morning and I finished my week of on call with work. Fantastic, joyous end to the week on offer then.

Heard we signed Senderos - went straight on to AVFC and renewed my season ticket. And then I went straight onto the Club website and bought full home kit... with Senderos '27' and the Premier League patches too.

Can't wait for August now.

lies

And you did all this based on what evidence?

Smallprint is your friend...

Stevo - I know. Just felt I needed to say something without actually saying the guy is brilliant (which I don't believe) or saying he is shit (which I have no real evidence of either). Happy Friday though... we've got one in.

Asked my mate who supports Fulham and he described Senderos as slow and makes a huge mistake every game!

However I don't think it is that bad a signing and I rate him as better than Clark and Baker so the squad has been improved IMO.

Welcome Phillipe - prove the doubters wrong.

Only the one huge mistake a game? Already better than most of our defenders then. ;)

Good luck Phillipe, hope you do well here. We certainly need you to step up to the mark, and help us improve.

In January, people were up in arms when we signed Holt. They were saying instead of signing a striker on the cheap on a short term contract, we should have used the wages to sign a centreback on similar terms because we lacked cover.

Remember that?

Doesn't mean those who were saying that should automatically accept whatever CB we sign. 

Â