Philippe Senderos

samjp26

Senderos is clearly Benteke's replacement for when the latter is sold this summer for £1m.

Do you say that because fans think Vlaar could leave? Senderos may not be his replacement but the chances of us needing to replace him are quite high at the moment.

I just think some people are being a bit over-dramatic. The club are not stupid - they know they have to do everything they can to keep Vlaar. He could leave but saying the likelihood of him leaving is "quite high" is just hyperbole at the moment.

I think when a Dutch International defender gets down to the last year year of his contract for a struggling team the chances of him leaving do become quite high. He has shown he is capable of performing in this League and clubs will be in for him.

I know it's not the same but Albrighton was one of our better players last season and the club told him he could leave. I was quite surprised by that, I thought he had chose to leave.

Senderos is clearly Benteke's replacement for when the latter is sold this summer for £1m.

Do you say that because fans think Vlaar could leave? Senderos may not be his replacement but the chances of us needing to replace him are quite high at the moment.

I just think some people are being a bit over-dramatic. The club are not stupid - they know they have to do everything they can to keep Vlaar. He could leave but saying the likelihood of him leaving is "quite high" is just hyperbole at the moment.

I think when a Dutch International defender gets down to the last year year of his contract for a struggling team the chances of him leaving do become quite high. He has shown he is capable of performing in this League and clubs will be in for him.

I know it's not the same but Albrighton was one of our better players last season and the club told him he could leave. I was quite surprised by that, I thought he had chose to leave.

If a new contract hasn't been sealed by September then maybe I'd the chances of him leaving are quite high. At the moment, we've still got the whole summer ahead of us.

I don't think that has much of a bearing really. The only logical explanation is that Albrighton's wage demands were a lot higher than he was actually worth. Unless Vlaar asks for something silly I think the club will agree to it because they know how important he is to us.

god if you want to get depression all you need to do is read this thread. the guy hasnt even kicked a ball and he is all being written off by a section of our fan base. if the guy a chance FFS. I hope the players dont read these forums be so embarassing for them.

• Like 2

If a new contract hasn't been sealed by September then maybe I'd the chances of him leaving are quite high. At the moment, we've still got the whole summer ahead of us.

I don't think that has much of a bearing really. The only logical explanation is that Albrighton's wage demands were a lot higher than he was actually worth. Unless Vlaar asks for something silly I think the club will agree to it because they know how important he is to us.

Or maybe a lot higher than what the club were prepared to pay rather than what he was actually worth? If the club had a history of generally making the correct decision I could see how your explanation would have been the logical one.

Anyway to stay on topic I'll say welcome to Villa Senderos.

I have to question the label decent player. What decent players come to a club in the state ours is in to sit on the bench?

I'm guessing, and bear with me here because its a crazy concept, that possibly a player who's played at the level Senderos has might just have a bit of self belief and think he could force his way into the side!!

I very much doubt he's come here to sit on the bench.

He possibly WILL end up on the bench if Okore realises his potential, but I'm pretty sure that's not what he's aiming for and not how the club will have got him to sign.

• Like 3

I have to question the label decent player. What decent players come to a club in the state ours is in to sit on the bench?

I'm guessing, and bear with me here because its a crazy concept, that possibly a player who's played at the level Senderos has might just have a bit of self belief and think he could force his way into the side!!

He possibly WILL end up on the bench if Okore realises his potential, but I'm pretty sure that's not what he's aiming for and not how the club will have got him to sign.

Then you'd think a decent player, with self belief to be a starter on a free would have better options than a club in our current state

Then you'd think a decent player, with self belief to be a starter on a free would have better options than a club in our current state

Unless he knows a takeover is about to happen :)

What?

You've completely changed your point.

My point is he's not a decent player. He's a bang average defender at best and that's why he's signed for a club like ours.

He is pretty average. I don't think anybody can deny that. He is just better than what we have.

What?

You've completely changed your point.

My point is he's not a decent player. He's a bang average defender at best and that's why he's signed for a club like ours.
He is pretty average. I don't think anybody can deny that. He is just better than what we have.

Possibly. And again that fact is just depressing.

As others have said, he must have something about him to get that many caps for Switzerland. Let's just give him a chance.

Or maybe a lot higher than what the club were prepared to pay rather than what he was actually worth? If the club had a history of generally making the correct decision I could see how your explanation would have been the logical one.

Anyway to stay on topic I'll say welcome to Villa Senderos.

The club fought tooth and nail to keep Benteke last year. I would say the club have made both correct and incorrect decisions, but they've generally tried hard to keep hold of important players. This is just pessimism for the sake of pessimism.

Â