Philippe Senderos

samjp26

As others have said, he must have something about him to get that many caps for Switzerland. Let's just give him a chance.

Senderos is clearly Benteke's replacement for when the latter is sold this summer for £1m.

Do you say that because fans think Vlaar could leave? Senderos may not be his replacement but the chances of us needing to replace him are quite high at the moment.
I just think some people are being a bit over-dramatic. The club are not stupid - they know they have to do everything they can to keep Vlaar. He could leave but saying the likelihood of him leaving is "quite high" is just hyperbole at the moment.
I think when a Dutch International defender gets down to the last year year of his contract for a struggling team the chances of him leaving do become quite high. He has shown he is capable of performing in this League and clubs will be in for him.

I know it's not the same but Albrighton was one of our better players last season and the club told him he could leave. I was quite surprised by that, I thought he had chose to leave.

If a new contract hasn't been sealed by September then maybe I'd the chances of him leaving are quite high. At the moment, we've still got the whole summer ahead of us.

I don't think that has much of a bearing really. The only logical explanation is that Albrighton's wage demands were a lot higher than he was actually worth. Unless Vlaar asks for something silly I think the club will agree to it because they know how important he is to us.

Or maybe a lot higher than what the club were prepared to pay rather than what he was actually worth? If the club had a history of generally making the correct decision I could see how your explanation would have been the logical one.

Anyway to stay on topic I'll say welcome to Villa Senderos.

The club fought tooth and nail to keep Benteke last year. I would say the club have made both correct and incorrect decisions, but they've generally tried hard to keep hold of important players. This is just pessimism for the sake of pessimism.

It really isn't in this case. I honesty believe Vlaar will be sold this summer to Man United. But I also think all funds will be used to find a replacement.

It really isn't in this case. I honesty believe Vlaar will be sold this summer to Man United. But I also think all funds will be used to find a replacement.

Only if they make a really really good offer.

I'm sure they will agree on the correct fee for a 30 year old International with a year left on his contract. I'm thinking maybe around 8-10M would be good business.

I could also see him handing in a transfer request if he has to. Could be his last chance for European football after all.

Or maybe I'm just making him out to be better than he actually is and there will be no teams in for him.

Either way I do not think Senderos as been signed as his replacement.

They don't need to when he has a year left on his contract.

The club will fight to keep him though.

I've no doubt they will. I wouldn't actually blame the club if he left. Can't begrudge a guy his last big move as long as the offer is right.

Okore has retweeted a few tweets about him playing as a DM now senderos has signed.

Wonder if there's anything in that.

Only saw him for a few games but he really did impress. Put him wherever he wants.

• Like 1

I think Senderos may be a decent value for money addition to the squad. Not very exciting, but if bringing him in is part of a plan to use Okore as our much needed DM, thereby reinvigorating our stale midfield, that is a lot more exciting.

Well if they are serious about that then offering him a new contract would be a start.

• Like 1

But hey, if people just want to dismiss him as shit so be it.

The flip-side of this being people who want to ignore the nine-seasons he played in this league where he never once looked remotely like a Premier League footballer and pretend that that will suddenly change now.

He very obviously is a premier league footballer (and a LaLiga one too). Just not a great one.

Â