New Club Crest Ideas

musicw8832

New Club Crest?  

130 members have voted

1. 1. Would you want a redesigned club crest?

• Yes, the current one is rubbish
    • No, happy with current crest
    • Don't care either way

This poll is closed to new votes

I like the new badge.  It's (mostly) claret and blue.  The finer details about letters being perfectly aligned etc. is irrelevant to me.  I'd have been happy with either to be honest because the previous four badges have had a yellow/gold lion as the predominant feature with the last two in particular being particularly horrendous - a light colour with a light background, neither of which are our predominant colour.  

I appreciate the thought that went into it.  I like the idea of returning to the round badge (which in my opinion should never have been removed) and I like the thought that went into facing the Lion in the same direction as our very first Lion (which I assume was inspired by the McGregor/Scottish connection). 

My only complaint is now my tattoo (the claret Lion from the old round badge) will only look right if I see it in a mirror.... 😆

Both Leeds and Everton have had a couple of spectacular failures with introductions of a new badge in recent years.  VILLA DID IT RIGHT! 

• Like 1

The lion's still angry with the star. And still trying to catch it.

But maybe that's ok? 🤔 

Maybe it's ok to be a little angry. Sometimes. Anyway...

I think I quite like this new badge and I also liked the classic one we had when we won the European Cup. Having said that I also quite like the current one except for the lion not standing out (because of the yellow on light blue without having an outline).

1 minute ago, villa4europe said:

The amount of social media noise based on it being the same as chelsea's badge is so much that it almost feels purposeful to me... Lad bible and Facebook doing villas marketing team's job for them

It will die down when world cup starts

The badges look nothing alike and even if thwy did they copied us as we had the badge in the 1980s.

Its just a nothing story really

4 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

The amount of social media noise based on it being the same as chelsea's badge is so much that it almost feels purposeful to me... Lad bible and Facebook doing villas marketing team's job for them

All it’s made me do is realise how ugly Chelsea’s lion is with its stick and it’s twisty head. 

I didn’t vote round but I’m ok with it, so much so our current badge already looks out of place. 

• Like 3

56 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

It will die down when world cup starts

The badges look nothing alike and even if thwy did they copied us as we had the badge in the 1980s.

Its just a nothing story really

Chelsea went round in 1905 and with a lion in 1953 according to here:

Chelsea-FC-1905-1952-Alternative-Version

1905-1952 Alternative Version

Chelsea-FC-1953-1986-1.jpg?fit=640%2C638

1953-1986

Edited by fightoffyour

13 minutes ago, fightoffyour said:

Chelsea went round in 1905 and with a lion in 1953 according to here:

Ergh that 1st one is terrible looks like a sunday morning cartoon 😂

The only thing they have in common is they are round. Did chelsea trademark the round badge? If they did then half the worlds copied chelsea then.

Furthermore theirs dont even look like a lion looks a cross between  a wierd reptile lizard and a devil

Its so ridiculous 

IMG_20221113_082700.jpg

Edited by Demitri_C

1 hour ago, Rolta said:

Gah why the round one. We had a chance at having a pretty original badge.

We have an 'original' badge at the moment. It's rubbish. 

I'd have loved a really cool, daring design - but we weren't offered one. 

The roundel is safe, classic, but it's definitely good. 

12 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

Ergh that 1st one is terrible looks like a sunday morning cartoon 😂

The only thing they have in common is they are round. Did chelsea trademark the round badge? If they did then half the worlds copied chelsea then.

Furthermore theirs dont even look like a lion looks a cross between  a wierd reptile lizard and a devil

Its so ridiculous 

IMG_20221113_082700.jpg

That isn't actually our 70s/80s badge.  Not your fault, it's a version too easily available.  Look at S-Platt's profile pic and compare with the one quoted above.  On the genuine one "Aston Villa" goes further round the circle and the lion is different.

I am glad of a new round badge rather than trying to revive the old one because there seem to be too many inaccurate versions of it.

Edited by Stephen_Evans

I know it’s done and the dust is starting to settle a bit. Personally think we should have gone with something a bit more innovative but that’s my opinion and I get why so many voted for the round option. 

I’ve always said I wanted a more aggressive, less cartoony lion for the badge and had a play around with it last night. Used the head of the new lion but would have loved something akin to the below on the badge itself.  
2380E04B-C26E-4839-97E7-FC42C0EBC9E4.jpeg.d14b9b0d30effd3ceac9b4386e19320c.jpeg

• Like 1